Cadillac escalade to GMC Yukon conversion

Cadillac escalade to GMC Yukon conversion

Newbiesmogtech
Had a strange car come into the shop today, Body emblems and everything else cadillac. Vin on vehicle brought up GMC yukon. Customer tells me prior owner was in the process of doing a swap and converted cadillac to a yukon thats why his paperwork brought up GMC Yukon. vin on dash was swapped obviously but customer had no clue. Is this legal? I sent him to referee because if he goes to any shop its going to look like a clean plug. Vin on computer still brings up cadillac.

To elaborate vin on car's ecu brought up "1GYFK63817R153821" and vin customer wanted me to smog was "1GKFK638X7J381017"
and i know they use same power train and same engine but i'd imagine this would throw a red flag on BAR's system when i test car so i turned him away. He bought the car from craiglist.

Re: Cadillac escalade to GMC Yukon conversion

what did the paperwork say? vin number wise? also regardless of what the customer wants the car to be it will still technically be the model stamped on the frame, he might of swapped the dash but you can still find the number on the frame/ door jamb , ect. however numbers dont match paperwork and evin i also would stay away from it, have him go to referee he might need a new vin number with dmv or bar label to help with all the questions.  might kinda sketchy possibly a stolen vehicle.

Re: Cadillac escalade to GMC Yukon conversion

Newbiesmogtech
Customer brought me a copy of pink slip. It read "1GKFK638X7J381017" with plates 7NYK467. Car had different plates as well

Re: Cadillac escalade to GMC Yukon conversion

Side note, I've seen a Sierra or Silverado converted to Escalade front end and it was awesome. But yeah, reject that shit.

Re: Cadillac escalade to GMC Yukon conversion

Newbiesmogtech wrote
Customer brought me a copy of pink slip. It read "1GKFK638X7J381017" with plates 7NYK467. Car had different plates as well
 next question do the emissions components match in the book or label? either way vin dont match id call the help desk and explain they probably will advise you to go to send to referee

Re: Cadillac escalade to GMC Yukon conversion

Smogtech
you did good.

I just had one.  wanted to put less mile for odo.

Re: Cadillac escalade to GMC Yukon conversion

Best Answer I Can Give
 Some one wanted you to cheat.

 You didn't do good. you did PERFECT.
 Sorry to you that I have not offended. Give me time. I will get to you.