California Announces Statewide ‘Stay At Home’ Order

California Announces Statewide ‘Stay At Home’ Order

Peter
California Announces Statewide ‘Stay At Home’ Order.

Who is open tomorrow

Re: California Announces Statewide ‘Stay At Home’ Order

F.U.BAR
https://covid19.ca.gov/stay-home-except-for-essential-needs/
https://www.cisa.gov/identifying-critical-infrastructure-during-covid-19

Transportation systems Sector:

"Highway and Motor Carrier encompasses more than 4 million miles of roadway, more than 600,000 bridges, and more than 350 tunnels. Vehicles include trucks, including those carrying hazardous materials; other commercial vehicles, including commercial motorcoaches and school buses; vehicle and driver licensing systems; traffic management systems; and cyber systems used for operational management."

I'm thinking: stay open, but close the lobby, keep customers outside, provide disinfectant wipes, wear latex gloves, roll down the car windows and disinfect/wipe the steering wheel, gearshift, etc.

Re: California Announces Statewide ‘Stay At Home’ Order

Re: California Announces Statewide ‘Stay At Home’ Order

I am almost certain that T&Rs like me can stay open without breaking any ordinances, but my boss unexpectedly gave me my paycheck a day early and told me to take a 3-day weekend.  I haven't taken three or more consecutive days off since recovering from my hernia surgery two years ago, and I can't even remember the times before that.  Maybe I'll go in anyway and overhaul my toolbox ... it's looking awfully disorganized and dirty.

Re: California Announces Statewide ‘Stay At Home’ Order

STAR is Racist
People ain't gonna put up with this shit for very long. Give it another week and people are gonna start ignoring the godvernment's ridiculous demands. It's unrealistic to think people are gonna sit at home until our public servants give us permission to come out.

Re: California Announces Statewide ‘Stay At Home’ Order

Tim454
I’m going to go into work but I only did one car 3-19. I’m sure no one will come in and my boss will close up or call me a few hours in to close the doors.

Re: California Announces Statewide ‘Stay At Home’ Order

Complete nonsensical comment from starisracist. Sounds like a spring breaker in Florida.  I do agree with the other post of closing the office, restrooms, waiting area.
I've seen quite a few TO's call  the outsidetheir waiting area an the bathroom isthe woods or Mickey D's down the road.

Re: California Announces Statewide ‘Stay At Home’ Order

xcinlb
@ Basic where did you get the photo that shows automotive is exempt? We will be open today.

Re: California Announces Statewide ‘Stay At Home’ Order

vulteiv1
We’re opening today, but only from 10 am to 2 pm. Just doing enough to pay the bills.

Re: California Announces Statewide ‘Stay At Home’ Order

dano
Repair shops would be exempt. I don't see how Test Only will be.... especially since
the DMV gave 60 day extensions on registrations...

Re: California Announces Statewide ‘Stay At Home’ Order

BasicTech678
dano wrote
Repair shops would be exempt. I don't see how Test Only will be.... especially since
the DMV gave 60 day extensions on registrations...
They did NOT give extensions they “ASKED”  to not give tickets for expired license or registration especially seniors

Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) today asked California law enforcement to exercise discretion for 60 days in their enforcement of driver license and vehicle registration expiration dates beginning March 16, 2020.

 wrong info is the worst part of all this.

Link below

https://www.dmv.ca.gov/portal/dmv/detail/pubs/newsrel/2020/2020_12

Re: California Announces Statewide ‘Stay At Home’ Order

xcinlb wrote
@ Basic where did you get the photo that shows automotive is exempt? We will be open today.
Scroll about a quarter of the way down this page.  This is for LA.

https://corona-virus.la/faq

Re: California Announces Statewide ‘Stay At Home’ Order

BasicTech678
scanner wrote
xcinlb wrote

http://CISA-Guidance-on-Essential-Critical-Infrastructure-Workers-1-20-508c.pdf

Here is the full one for CA

Re: California Announces Statewide ‘Stay At Home’ Order

dano
BasicTech678 wrote
dano wrote
Repair shops would be exempt. I don't see how Test Only will be.... especially since
the DMV gave 60 day extensions on registrations...
They did NOT give extensions they “ASKED”  to not give tickets for expired license or registration especially seniors

Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) today asked California law enforcement to exercise discretion for 60 days in their enforcement of driver license and vehicle registration expiration dates beginning March 16, 2020.

 wrong info is the worst part of all this.

Link below

https://www.dmv.ca.gov/portal/dmv/detail/pubs/newsrel/2020/2020_12
The 60-day period also applies to vehicle registration renewals for customers who are not eligible to use an alternative service channel because of the following reasons:
Outdated insurance information
Registration expired for 90 days or more
Smog issues
Recent transfer...……………………………..    and this was the info from that page.... extension and not getting a ticket sounds the same to me.

Those are money related issues dude to emergency spending some family’s have to go through.

[...]

And this???

What are essential activities and what businesses that will stay open?
The following essential activities will remain open:
City/County government services:
Police stations
Fire stations
Jails
Courts
Garbage/sanitation
Public Transportation
Water, power, and gas utilities
Public works construction, including construction of housing
Airport and Port operations
Gas service stations, auto supply, auto repair, bicycle repair shops and related facilities.
Health care operations, including:
Hospitals
Clinics
Dentists
Pharmacies
Pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies
Medical and scientific research
Laboratories
Healthcare suppliers
Home healthcare services providers
Veterinary care providers
Mental health providers
Physical therapists and chiropractors
Cannabis dispensaries, or any related and/or ancillary healthcare services
Manufacturers and suppliers
Healthcare operations does not include fitness and exercise gyms and similar facilities
Food providers, including:
Restaurants offering take-out, delivery or drive-thru. No dine-in service.
Grocery stores
Water retailers
Certified farmers’ markets
Farm and produce stands
Supermarkets
Convenience stores
Warehouse stores
Food banks
Convenience stores
Pet supply
Take-out from restaurants, drive-thru restaurants, and delivery from restaurants
Food cultivation, including farming, livestock, and fishing
Organizations and businesses that provide food, shelter, and social services (including gang prevention and intervention, domestic violence and homeless services agencies)
Gas service stations, auto supply, mobile auto repair operations, auto repair shops, bicycle repair shops and related facilities.
Hardware and building supply stores and nurseries.
Plumbers, electricians, exterminators, custodial/janitorial workers, handyman services, funeral home workers and morticians, moving services, HVAC installers, carpenters, landscapers, gardeners, property managers, private security personnel and other service providers who provide services to maintain the safety, sanitation, and essential operation to properties and other essential activities.
Banks, credit unions, financial institutions and insurance companies.
Businesses providing mailing and shipping services, including post office boxes.
Laundromats/laundry service
Newspapers, magazines, television, radio, podcasts and other media services
Educational institutions, including public and private K-12 schools, colleges, and universities -- for purposes of facilitating distance learning or performing essential functions provided that social distancing of six-feet per person is maintained to the greatest extent possible.

Re: California Announces Statewide ‘Stay At Home’ Order

CHRIS
Yesterday, I did only two cars. I am going to close for two weeks. I don't take risk and get affected by the virus. Especially  I am an old man. I hope some businesses owner understand the situation and if they can help their employees too.

Stay home and be safe. Money comes and goes.

Re: California Announces Statewide ‘Stay At Home’ Order

none
I'm here and really busy. The phone is ringing off the hook. I have 22 appointments for the day so far and will have plenty of drop ins.

We did 38 yesterday.

We did 38 yesterday.
Nice!

[...]

Did u even read it ?