California Announces Statewide ‘Stay At Home’ Order

Re: California Announces Statewide ‘Stay At Home’ Order

Tim454
38 wow that’s what I do on a good day. It’s really slow down here I’m SoCal. No phone calls no customers yet. Bored lol

Re: California Announces Statewide ‘Stay At Home’ Order

dano
BasicTech678 wrote
dano wrote
BasicTech678 wrote
dano wrote
BasicTech678 wrote
dano wrote
Repair shops would be exempt. I don't see how Test Only will be.... especially since
the DMV gave 60 day extensions on registrations...
They did NOT give extensions they “ASKED”  to not give tickets for expired license or registration especially seniors

Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) today asked California law enforcement to exercise discretion for 60 days in their enforcement of driver license and vehicle registration expiration dates beginning March 16, 2020.

 wrong info is the worst part of all this.

Link below

https://www.dmv.ca.gov/portal/dmv/detail/pubs/newsrel/2020/2020_12
The 60-day period also applies to vehicle registration renewals for customers who are not eligible to use an alternative service channel because of the following reasons:
Outdated insurance information
Registration expired for 90 days or more
Smog issues
Recent transfer...……………………………..    and this was the info from that page.... extension and not getting a ticket sounds the same to me.
Those are money related issues dude to emergency spending some family’s have to go through.

And this???

What are essential activities and what businesses that will stay open?
The following essential activities will remain open:
City/County government services:
Police stations
Fire stations
Jails
Courts
Garbage/sanitation
Public Transportation
Water, power, and gas utilities
Public works construction, including construction of housing
Airport and Port operations
Gas service stations, auto supply, auto repair, bicycle repair shops and related facilities.
Health care operations, including:
Hospitals
Clinics
Dentists
Pharmacies
Pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies
Medical and scientific research
Laboratories
Healthcare suppliers
Home healthcare services providers
Veterinary care providers
Mental health providers
Physical therapists and chiropractors
Cannabis dispensaries, or any related and/or ancillary healthcare services
Manufacturers and suppliers
Healthcare operations does not include fitness and exercise gyms and similar facilities
Food providers, including:
Restaurants offering take-out, delivery or drive-thru. No dine-in service.
Grocery stores
Water retailers
Certified farmers’ markets
Farm and produce stands
Supermarkets
Convenience stores
Warehouse stores
Food banks
Convenience stores
Pet supply
Take-out from restaurants, drive-thru restaurants, and delivery from restaurants
Food cultivation, including farming, livestock, and fishing
Organizations and businesses that provide food, shelter, and social services (including gang prevention and intervention, domestic violence and homeless services agencies)
Gas service stations, auto supply, mobile auto repair operations, auto repair shops, bicycle repair shops and related facilities.
Hardware and building supply stores and nurseries.
Plumbers, electricians, exterminators, custodial/janitorial workers, handyman services, funeral home workers and morticians, moving services, HVAC installers, carpenters, landscapers, gardeners, property managers, private security personnel and other service providers who provide services to maintain the safety, sanitation, and essential operation to properties and other essential activities.
Banks, credit unions, financial institutions and insurance companies.
Businesses providing mailing and shipping services, including post office boxes.
Laundromats/laundry service
Newspapers, magazines, television, radio, podcasts and other media services
Educational institutions, including public and private K-12 schools, colleges, and universities -- for purposes of facilitating distance learning or performing essential functions provided that social distancing of six-feet per person is maintained to the greatest extent possible.
Did u even read it ?

I put ur quote in bold so u can find it
I actually did read it...… and I am speaking of TEST ONLY you know the people that can only adjust an idle and reconnect a hose doing NO REPAIRS whatsoever

I take the "related business" as test only, since they were listing automotive services.

Re: California Announces Statewide ‘Stay At Home’ Order

dano wrote
I actually did read it...… and I am speaking of TEST ONLY you know the people that can only adjust an idle and reconnect a hose doing NO REPAIRS whatsoever
I'd say you'd qualify under and related facilities.

but I'm not a lawyer.

Re: California Announces Statewide ‘Stay At Home’ Order

No One
We can stay open since we are related facilities. And NONE, im happy for you. Wish I can get 30 a day. Right now im only getting 0-3 a day. Ive been using this time to clean my shop and plan remodeling. Just bought a new toilet

All the automotive repair shops around me are dead as fuck though.

Re: California Announces Statewide ‘Stay At Home’ Order

scanner wrote
dano wrote
I actually did read it...… and I am speaking of TEST ONLY you know the people that can only adjust an idle and reconnect a hose doing NO REPAIRS whatsoever
I'd say you'd qualify under and related facilities.

but I'm not a lawyer.
yes you are essential to licensing vehicles on the road, stay open as long as you can buddy, until they halt all registrations completely.

wear gloves, close lobbies keep chairs spaced out make customers feel safe and possibly do appointments only to keep the people around the shop down
good luck stay safe

Re: California Announces Statewide ‘Stay At Home’ Order

alldsd1motor
I will be closing today. The national guard is going around forcing business to close in Sacramento

Re: California Announces Statewide ‘Stay At Home’ Order

BasicTech678
alldsd1motor wrote
I will be closing today. The national guard is going around forcing business to close in Sacramento
prove it

Re: California Announces Statewide ‘Stay At Home’ Order

dano
scanner wrote
dano wrote
I actually did read it...… and I am speaking of TEST ONLY you know the people that can only adjust an idle and reconnect a hose doing NO REPAIRS whatsoever
I'd say you'd qualify under and related facilities.

but I'm not a lawyer.
I'm real skeptical on calling it related... everything listed is related to repairs or parts
for repairs. We can't even legally repair a bicycle.... LoL!!!!
I guess we shall see.... world deaths hit 10,000 now. Us actually staying open is defeating the
whole purpose of the stay at home order. Which is to keep it from spreading. We are def. in a high
risk of contracting field and then passing it from here before we know we have it

Re: California Announces Statewide ‘Stay At Home’ Order

scanner
dano wrote
I'm real skeptical on calling it related...
Dano.....   stay home.

Dano.....   stay home.
Bout damn time someone came to their senses... lol

Re: California Announces Statewide ‘Stay At Home’ Order

scanner wrote
dano wrote
I'm real skeptical on calling it related...
Dano.....   stay home.
yea looking for excuses just stay home

if i can get 2 weeks of work during this shut down ill be happy

5 inspections since opening at 9:30 one waiting 2 vehicles pre-95

one change of ownership another renewing 2 months in advance

Re: California Announces Statewide ‘Stay At Home’ Order

dano
BasicTech678 wrote
scanner wrote
dano wrote
I'm real skeptical on calling it related...
Dano.....   stay home.
yea looking for excuses just stay home

if i can get 2 weeks of work during this shut down ill be happy

5 inspections since opening at 9:30 one waiting 2 vehicles pre-95

one change of ownership another renewing 2 months in advance
Naw…. looking for excuses to not get sick. Especially with one that spreads
so easily....

We're at 5 at 11:15... should be at least 15-20 by now.

Re: California Announces Statewide ‘Stay At Home’ Order

BasicTech678
dano wrote
BasicTech678 wrote
scanner wrote
dano wrote
I'm real skeptical on calling it related...
Dano.....   stay home.
yea looking for excuses just stay home

if i can get 2 weeks of work during this shut down ill be happy

5 inspections since opening at 9:30 one waiting 2 vehicles pre-95

one change of ownership another renewing 2 months in advance
Naw…. looking for excuses to not get sick. Especially with one that spreads
so easily....

We're at 5 at 11:15... should be at least 15-20 by now.
whos forcing you to work? are you an owner or an employee

if your an owner you can always shorten your hours or open less days leave your personal on the door or online so you can book appointments some flow is better than no flow.

whenever i take days off during the week i leave a google post and get replies by email or text to schedule later dates

Re: California Announces Statewide ‘Stay At Home’ Order

Ser Dan
THE JAILS ARE STILL OPEN
well freaking A they better stay open lol

Re: California Announces Statewide ‘Stay At Home’ Order

dano
Ser Dan wrote
 Come on Mo isn't it time to kick this fake profile already??

Re: California Announces Statewide ‘Stay At Home’ Order

dano
  "whos forcing you to work?"

My own ass at this point

 Come on Mo isn't it time to kick this fake profile already??

Re: California Announces Statewide ‘Stay At Home’ Order

That's not me,man.
From fat to buff. Healthy diet and exercising is not expensive it takes will!

Re: California Announces Statewide ‘Stay At Home’ Order

WealdstoneRaider
Has anyone been to autozone/ Orielly lately? Since folks are hoarding toilet & paper towels I wonder if there's some of the  blue mechanic paper towels available at auto parts stores.
want sm'ting I'll give it to ya
123