Called ESP Thurs 10/29 still not here-says may not even be tomorrow

Called ESP Thurs 10/29 still not here-says may not even be tomorrow

tampered
This is total BS.  I know I'm preaching to the choir here, but this pisses me off so much I gotta rant before I unplug the modem and  <terrorist threat fantasy deleted> AC down the communication line. Where's the department of consumer affairs on this shit?  We're exempt from any protections afforded the rest of Californians?

No contract....is response time different if you have one?  There's supposed to be "several calls ahead of you",  anyone else waiting in SF south bay area?

T10 failed limits for 02 tried new tanks, no leaks tried warming them up, hey I'm desperate!

What I lack in technical ability, I make up for in extra fasteners.

Re: Called ESP Thurs 10/29 still not here-says may not even be tomorrow

none
My advice would be keep the ESP guy happy. Tip him $20-$50 and next time he will put you ahead of the rest.
Don't take advice from me. You'll just end up drunk.

Re: Called ESP Thurs 10/29 still not here-says may not even be tomorrow

Voltron
Yep ^^^

Re: Called ESP Thurs 10/29 still not here-says may not even be tomorrow

I was planning on making things as pleasant as possible for the guy when he does eventually get here.  Not even gonna mention the wait.  A fat tip sounds like good advice and you can bet I'll take it-- right out of my own pocket, and I got no problem with that at all, I get taken care of pretty good at this place.

Thanks again, I feel much better now.  Thank God for STF'nSP (and our very own technician's technician that keeps it running!)
What I lack in technical ability, I make up for in extra fasteners.

Re: Called ESP Thurs 10/29 still not here-says may not even be tomorrow

I'm waiting for my (ESP) guy to show too ... again!  He came by last Thursday and fiddled around with a couple of things, but clearly didn't fix anything, because calibration this morning didn't go well ... coast-down finally passed on the fourth try, and I gave up on the bench calibration after the fifth try.  It's the same shit we called in last Monday (although I was able to get the calibrations through after three tries each on Monday and Thursday).

When he finally showed up on Thursday afternoon, my boss wasn't amused, and let him have an earful.  I doubt that he got a tip, and I'm absolutely certain that nothing was fixed.  At least we were able to BAR-97 37 vehicles last week ... 22 of them even passed!  Last week, OIS inspections went 20 for 22.  So far this week, we've had to turn away at least eight BAR-97s, and counting.  Good thing the OIS has been slightly busy too, or we would have a bunch more pissed-off customers than we already do.

I need a new career, pronto.

barrym95838
EO/EI144107

Re: Called ESP Thurs 10/29 still not here-says may not even be tomorrow

Best Answer I Can Give
 Don't like to be the guy that is the "Told Ya So", but didn't I put down something about the, We have you by the balls now.

 ESP went out and sold a whole bunch of those rent the machine for $500 a month contract.
Did they hire the guys to cover all those new machines? The ESP service guy now has all you guy by the short hair's.

 A lot of guys went with that. If I remember right they were going to also service tired old Dyno's. How many patched together dyno's that the owner would never fix when he had to pay for it. How many of those now that they have a contract the owner wants in perfect like new shape?

 Look what ESP did. They bought Drew. #1 seller of the DAD.They sold a bunch of Gen 3 machines with a service contract that will never make them money.
I believe they are trying to corner the market on California Smog Check. If ESP leaves the state because of the service contract screw up, or goes sorry people we need to raise the price. What the HELL are you going to do?

ESP did not buy DREW. They are using DREW DADs. They were originally going to use BOSCH but we see how that tuned out. OPUS INSPECTIONS bought ESP out I believe.
Don't take advice from me. You'll just end up drunk.

Re: Called ESP Thurs 10/29 still not here-says may not even be tomorrow

Tampered ,back in the days sans OIS , I would really worry , but now with OIS , it is less of a worry . Just like the other guys said , a nice lunch tip would help the tech remember your name next time a problem with your machine comes up . I had a tech refuse my tip , and right when he was about to pull out of the parking I went up to his window and told him thank you ,and oops I dropped something . ( a twenty fell into his truck ) He smiled and drove away .
   I think like BESTA said , the ESP guys are really overworked , here in SD county we have two techs . D and M .

Re: Called ESP Thurs 10/29 still not here-says may not even be tomorrow

ESP is doing that renting per month shit and free supplies.. That's great advertisement and now they have even "more" customers. They don't have enough "techs" to come and provide service to each customer. That is a given. ESP needs to hire MORE techs.

Re: Called ESP Thurs 10/29 still not here-says may not even be tomorrow

Don't like to be the guy that is the "Told Ya So",

I told myself so!

http://stop-the-star-program.3084.x6.nabble.com/UPDATED-Whatever-happened-to-the-BAR-2012-tp5008159.html
What I lack in technical ability, I make up for in extra fasteners.

Re: Called ESP Thurs 10/29 still not here-says may not even be tomorrow

Smogtech
yes D for north county and M for east county  both very busy sometime getting help from LA

Re: Called ESP Thurs 10/29 still not here-says may not even be tomorrow

Kriss Vector

Re: Called ESP Thurs 10/29 still not here-says may not even be tomorrow

cosmokramertheassman
Lately, I've been able to get my tech in same day for repairs. "Lunch" tips every visit plus actually treating the guy nicely has helped me a lot. I'm sure the techs get tired of hearing complaints from owners all day long at every stop.

Re: Called ESP Thurs 10/29 still not here-says may not even be tomorrow

Karupt
Cosmo,
   "Im sure the techs get tired of hearing complaints from the owners at every stop " .kind of like us huh ?
  YOU are absolutely right , my friend , talking about them and their hobbies and families instead of annoying questions like "whats a mother board , why did it break, how much is it to fix , what are you doing now , how long will it take "? , will make them feel like people not fixit machines .

Re: Called ESP Thurs 10/29 still not here-says may not even be tomorrow

xcinlb
More like, they need to hire more technicians. No excuse to make a shop wait this long, which in some cases could be loss of income.

Re: Called ESP Thurs 10/29 still not here-says may not even be tomorrow

Karupt wrote
Cosmo,
   "Im sure the techs get tired of hearing complaints from the owners at every stop " .kind of like us huh ?
  YOU are absolutely right , my friend , talking about them and their hobbies and families instead of annoying questions like "whats a mother board , why did it break, how much is it to fix , what are you doing now , how long will it take "? , will make them feel like people not fixit machines .
I couldn't agree more, or better yet, give them a warm greeting and then stay out of their way and let them work. That's the way I like it!  Here's what happened later that day:

I talked the phone support rep into letting me talk to the district manager.  She told me she would have him call me, and lo and behold, he did!  He asked me what was wrong with the machine (the first person to do so throughout this whole ordeal) and then told me he was certain that it was the O2 sensor and that his field tech would be out today.  So, yay! I guess.

I warmly greeted the tech, introduced myself,  didn't say anything about "boy am I glad to see you!" or "It's about time!"

"So what's going on with this thing?" He asked. It was obvious that he hated being here.

"The error is on the screen right now", I said.

"Did they say what they're doing on this?" He asked.

"Uh, yeah...the district manager said it needs an O2 sensor".

"OK". He said and turned toward the EIS.

"Let me know if you need anything." I said, and went back to work.

After finishing up the OIS customers I looked around for the tech, he was gone, and the machine was fixed, well, the bench was calibrated anyways.

The other thing that might help Micheal B (but I don't want him to know since we have the same tech) is that the ESP tech will start early and it will put me ahead of others who don't want to get to the shop a 6:30am. It works great for me because by the time I am ready to open he is done and he can have all the shop to himself.
Don't take advice from me. You'll just end up drunk.

Re: Called ESP Thurs 10/29 still not here-says may not even be tomorrow

Tampered ,
 well I am happy that you finally got some service ! 8 days !! I think that is the record-breaking wait , so far . My max wait was four days ,this was before OIS mind you , then a busy two days , then analyzer took a dump again , same problem as it had before .
  Anyways I am glad you are up and running I bet you missed dyno testing .

Re: Called ESP Thurs 10/29 still not here-says may not even be tomorrow

xcinlb wrote
More like, they need to hire more technicians ...
Where can I sign up?  I'll take care of y'all, as long as I don't have to relocate to the Bay Area or L.A. ... heavy traffic plus a tight schedule equals a recipe for a bleeding ulcer, at least for me.

barrym95838
EO/EI144107

Re: Called ESP Thurs 10/29 still not here-says may not even be tomorrow

The other thing that might help Micheal B (but I don't want him to know since we have the same tech) ...
Uh, I'm right here, Broseph!

Al came out three times in the last three weeks, fiddled with it enough to get it to pass, then left.  Each time, the shit wouldn't calibrate 72 hours later.  Today, a different tech showed up, fiddled with it enough to get it to pass, mumbled something about the DAC board and the bench manifold, and left.  At 2:30pm on Monday, we'll see if he was any more successful than Al was, but I must say (with all due respect) that I'm a bit skeptical.  I heard from a local tech friend that Mark has given up the smog tech gig after only a few years, and has returned to ESP.  Dude has a well-earned reputation for being a Gen 1 wizard, but I can't expect to be lucky enough to get him to come by and take a look.

It's been heart-wrenching turning away all those beat up Previas and Astros ... maybe I'll get lucky, and they'll all bum-rush me tomorrow and Monday morning!

barrym95838
EO/EI144107