Can anyone oblige me on the info on TSI motorhomes heavier than 8501?

Can anyone oblige me on the info on TSI motorhomes heavier than 8501?

Karupt
Smog check inspection manual or the smog check procedures manual ? ANd the section number too please ?

Re: Can anyone oblige me on the info on TSI motorhomes heavier than 8501?

FiendFX
The only motorhome that I do ASM is the Toyotas.. There rest are all TSI.

Re: Can anyone oblige me on the info on TSI motorhomes heavier than 8501?

hello
I just stop doing motorhomes all together.

It feels so good.

Re: Can anyone oblige me on the info on TSI motorhomes heavier than 8501?

justa
Banned User
hi

Re: Can anyone oblige me on the info on TSI motorhomes heavier than 8501?

hi
ran into this recently. called useless help desk,, no help except to tell me not to take his advice but do what i think is right. anyways finally found it. why dont they put all in the same place is beyond me. smog check manuel tell you one thing and the reference guide tells you more, which is where i found it

"1.10.1 Motor Homes
Motor homes are often built using chassis and engines of earlier model years than the
completed coaches (bodies). Motor home emission control requirements are determined by
the chassis/engine model year, even though DMV registers the vehicle by the model year of
the coach. The inspection systems allow for a three year separation between the coach and
chassis model years.
In Enhanced Areas, the ASM test requirement applies only to motor homes under 8501
GVWR - CCR ยง 3340.42
If the motor home is equipped with a BAR Referee Label, see Section III."

Re: Can anyone oblige me on the info on TSI motorhomes heavier than 8501?

Re: Can anyone oblige me on the info on TSI motorhomes heavier than 8501?

I found the answer it is "classified by the DMV as a Motorhome " bamm there it is .thank you
     THANKS D, THanks HI , and everyone , appreciate the help, I know this stuff , its just so hard to find it like HI said , in order to show another tech where it is actually written in stone .

Re: Can anyone oblige me on the info on TSI motorhomes heavier than 8501?

hi

Re: Can anyone oblige me on the info on TSI motorhomes heavier than 8501?

hi
be careful about the "classified as motorhome by dmv" i questioned the help desk about it also, guy didint give me a definite answere. since i was under the impression that any and all "motorhome" are exempt till i finally found the tidbit about the smaller motorhome.

Re: Can anyone oblige me on the info on TSI motorhomes heavier than 8501?

kfworry
I have tested the Toyota Motor homes, no problem because the rear axle weight
does not exceed 5000 lbs.
Be careful with the late 90's vintage Class C motor homes, some are
OBD1, NOT OBD2, require a TSI.
Diesel Motor homes over 14,000 are Exempt all together.

Re: Can anyone oblige me on the info on TSI motorhomes heavier than 8501?

iha

Re: Can anyone oblige me on the info on TSI motorhomes heavier than 8501?

iha
I have never ASM a motor home. Even the Toyota's i TSI. Never had a problem with BAR.