Can i report a shop anonymously ?

Newbiesmogtech
Had a customer come in with Data Link failure and i had to break the news that he's not allowed to go anywhere else but a referee station for his smog check. He then confesses that he had paid someone to pass his car illegally but thanks to the new referee system in place his car failed. I have the shop information. As much as i want to get rid of these assholes i also dont want to get involved but at the same time these guys deserve to go down and have their shops closed. Customer left me his information after i sent him on his way after i gave him the CAP application and told him where to call to book his referee appointment. Would you guys get involved?

Re: Can i report a shop anonymously ?

Best Answer I Can Give
 Sour Grape. Why are you getting involved with Our (THE BAR) Business.
 The BAR is keeping records. From what I have found out. NO WAY IN HELL AM I CHEATING.

Re: Can i report a shop anonymously ?

smwalker
Have a feeling the BAR is keeping track of shops that have this kind of failure.  The system will work it's self out.  Give it time.

Re: Can i report a shop anonymously ?

And the reason you would do this? BAR is aware of so much that if they want you they get you. This guy just perpetuated what we all know, there are jerks that will do anything for a buck. They have no integrity. So by you trying to clean up the program are you loosing a little of your integrity? Better to just do the job and let assholes clean plug. Trust me they are getting caught more and more. OIS is thorough and the data matches they are cataloging is mind boggling. Between protocol and data sets they are probably real busy rounding up the fuckwads as I type. Your heart is right but it really is not your job. Think about it, do you really want to participate? If you know the shop send them the POS that you would not touch, it may bring a smile to your face.

Re: Can i report a shop anonymously ?

I find it interesting that so many of you don't want him to report this.

It may sort its self out in time but the time could be less if they had a heads up at who to look at right now. At first they may not know if it is the customer or the shop committing the actual fraud.

Re: Can i report a shop anonymously ?

 I believe one of the reasons for the Ref thing is it is to"Confirm" Data.
Those of use who just got lazy and missed something KNOW and I mean KNOW, the BAR has got you.
The more Data they collect the deeper the hole they make for the cheaters.
They will get 4 or 5 Confirmed vehicles. Confirmed as in NO FUCKING WAY was it the right vehicle. Data will be so wrong. They will have the cleaners data and then the Ref's Data on several vehicle. Iron clad, Bullet proof. No way is the cleaner getting out of it data.

 I keep saying the BAR is dumb but they are not stupid.

 I have no problem with a lot of the stuff the BAR does. It's just when they approve stuff, stuff\machines, we use every day and don't ask us if it will work, or is there a better way. Then I have a problem with the BAR.

Re: Can i report a shop anonymously ?

I find it interesting that so many of you don't want him to report this.
I wouldn't mind if the OP reported the offender.   I have a problem with him doing it anonymously.   Do you remember when Justa got accused of soliciting techs that would perform legal smog inspections?   That was posted on the CalARC site, and there was no responsibility on the anonymous poster.   No way to defend yourself against the accuser.

I can't find the post, and it may have been removed.   It was posted by the Troll that occasionally posts here.

It may sort its self out in time but the time could be less if they had a heads up at who to look at right now. At first they may not know if it is the customer or the shop committing the actual fraud.
When a consumer came back to me to get his money back, because he got a clean plug from another shop. I contacted BAR, and let them know what happened.   They know who I am, and if they want to dispute what happened at my shop, my logs and data are an open book.   BTW, I didn't give the scum bucket consumer his money back.

Re: Can i report a shop anonymously ?

Best Answer I Can Give
 Scanner, the guy did put down a name. But who says it's his real name.

 I think, HAVE NO PROOF that the BAR did run a guy on me looking for a job.
Guy comes in. A shop in Santa Paula let him go. Not enough work. I phoned the shop. NEVER HEARD OF HIM.
So did the BAR check out his story?

Re: Can i report a shop anonymously ?

Scanner, the guy did put down a name. But who says it's his real name.
That guy used a lot of fake names, and the real ones of other techs.   Pretty cowardly if you ask me.

 I think, HAVE NO PROOF that the BAR did run a guy on me looking for a job.
Guy comes in. A shop in Santa Paula let him go. Not enough work. I phoned the shop. NEVER HEARD OF HIM.
So did the BAR check out his story?
You want me to speculate on your speculation?

Re: Can i report a shop anonymously ?

Best Answer I Can Give
 No I just thought it was interesting. 6\7\8 months later a guy shows up asking.
I haven't had a guy ask in years.

Re: Can i report a shop anonymously ?

Nfa2o
Have a shop down the street clean piping for years,and bar has been told and knows about them,but still they are hard at work long story short these people are well connected and the one going under the microscope is you.

Re: Can i report a shop anonymously ?

Best Answer I Can Give
 Rumor and PURE rumor has it that when Arnold was Gov. the Mercedes shop he was buying his stuff from was cheating like nobodies business.

Re: Can i report a shop anonymously ?

scanner wrote
none wrote
I find it interesting that so many of you don't want him to report this.
i would just advise the customer to report them to bar, more gets done when customer opens a complaint. they dont have to admit fault just acknowledge the specified technician requested additional payment not included in original estimate. under the impression it was getting "fixed". if they get them self's in trouble which i dont think bar peruses customers, for asking for a cooked smog then getting fucked by now having to go to referee station. thats on them maybe they will learn a lesson also and do shit the right way.
dont get your self involved in someone else business in this case problems. just give customer info about what they can do next file a complaint with bar, or just fix the car and go to referee station.

Re: Can i report a shop anonymously ?

none
That sounds to me like trying to get a drug addict who got bad drugs to turn in his dealer. Its probably not going to happen because this guy thought getting it clean plugged was the right way for him to do it since he didn't have to fix his broken car that way. In my book he is as guilty as the clean plugging shop.

Re: Can i report a shop anonymously ?

Able
none wrote
That sounds to me like trying to get a drug addict who got bad drugs to turn in his dealer. Its probably not going to happen because this guy thought getting it clean plugged was the right way for him to do it since he didn't have to fix his broken car that way. In my book he is as guilty as the clean plugging shop.

That's true, I don't think the consumer will file a report.

There's a shop a few blocks down from me that cheats. Lots of people know about it but they are still active making a lot of money.

That bothers me because bar is so slow at catching these guys.

true, but we dont know how it went down. sir your car wont pass with the engine light on. we can fix it and get the smog to pass will cost you 3-500 out the door. but the light might come back on after the test it might just be a gas cap. take  money car passes turn off light, you covered your ass about the light coming back on. customer wont care long as it registered for 2 more years. its all on how you say it went down, your right though customer can be blunt and say i wanted a crooked smog it worked everytime for the past 10 years now i want to report they cant make me happy no more lol

 The one thing Basic and I will agree on. The customer don't give a rats ass. So it cost them a little to drive a dirty vehicle for 2 more years BFD. I got mine.

Re: Can i report a shop anonymously ?

The one thing Basic and I will agree on. The customer don't give a rats ass. So it cost them a little to drive a dirty vehicle for 2 more years BFD. I got mine.
yup my favorite is the modified guys. ugh i got this other car ( they think since you passed their stock car your now best friends for ever ) it has headers, turbo ect. you think you can pass it? nope, who passed it last time? oh they charge more huh or they just dont do them anymore. they looked at me shocked, just pay what their asking you if you really want it. cost big money to be modified. they usually dont come back