Can't drive a STICK?

Best Answer I Can Give
 In case you people haven't figured it out yet, My Deal. Do the vehicle. You don't want to do it DON'T LIE

85 Ford V6 Ranger, Man. Runs like shit, Idle is way high. Ding for the tires. Been to another shop.
 I phoned the guy from the other shop who writes them up. "Oh the Tech didn't want to do it"  So he tells the owner. I don't drive sticks.

 The SOB lied Flat out lied.
I told her, the owner of the Ford, about the high idle, she went and got it fixed. Now I did get a ding because it would only run in 1st and 2nd. But I didn't Fucking LIE.

 You have every right in the world to REJECT a Vehicle. Just don't lie about it.
I rejected it because of high idle. She got that fixed. Yes I took a ding. But BAR this is HORSE SHIT. Shop's LIE.
Lie because the vehicle needs to be fixed and they won't tell them. They would rather LIE?

 YES the STAR program is Perfect.

Re: Can't drive a STICK?

StarTech
id reject it if it would give a ding.

Re: Can't drive a STICK?

locopoco
I rejected a 1995 caravan yesterday because it wouldn't shift properly during the ASM.
BAR wants to play this score game so I'm forced to protect mine as much as I can.

Re: Can't drive a STICK?

Skanga
DON'T LIE
Why not? Yeah, you might have lazy techs who don't wanna do certain cars, but why does the customer need to know that? You'll just bring your business down by becoming known as that one shop that picks and chooses what cars they wanna do.

Personally, If I get a vehicle that I definitely do not want to mess with, I'll find a legitimate gripe about it, not just say "I don't wanna do it". To me, it sounded like that truck already had legitimate reasons to be rejected, so I'm not sure why that tech would come out and admit he/she didn't wanna do it. That tech shouldn't expect to keep a job anywhere for long with that dumb approach.

Re: Can't drive a STICK?

Karupt
 I will always try to do any and all cars that come along . I got an abort on this particular truck , ran like crap , was put- putting in first and second causing accel violations , the eis aborted me . So now i was pissed , and determined ,I did it again and it had less accel violations , enough to do it and Fail it ! It gross polluted and a couple of visual failures as well however it did pass Evap .
   I think that it is the techs choice if he wants to do it or reject it . After all it is his STAR score that is being affected in the end .

Re: Can't drive a STICK?

I'll find a legitimate gripe about it. LEGITIMATE. You didn't lie.
I can't drive a stick? Bull.

Skanga, you said it yourself, LEGITIMATE

Re: Can't drive a STICK?

Skanga
Right, but you should never admit the real reason, especially to a customer.

If every tech told the truth, they'd tell customers their shitbox failed because they tried their very best to find something to fail it for in order to protect their STAR score, which would leave the customer confused and pissed. This is why I personally haven't adopted this stupid paranoia going around of failing every car possible. It's not only irresponsible and unfair to customers, but you could actually be hurting your score in the process. I have seen this happen with many techs I know that boasted about their .80 score, and how failing everything in sight was keeping it that high. Now 2 years later, they all have less than .30 score.

Re: Can't drive a STICK?

Kriss Vector

Re: Can't drive a STICK?

Skanga
I can't drive a stick? Bull.
I'll go ahead and admit this: I got my smog license when I was still a teenager and had 0 experience driving stick-shift. When I got my first job, it was a nightmare every time I got into a stick-shift car. I fucking hated them so bad. If this guy is in the same situation, I can relate.

So what did I do to fix this problem? With my first few paychecks, I went out and bought a stick-shift car to drive every day and teach myself.

To this day, I have only owned stick-shift cars. I never went back to automatic.

Re: Can't drive a STICK?

Best Answer I Can Give
 No this guy has been doing it for over 10 years.

Re: Can't drive a STICK?

 Skanga, going back to your TRUTH about shops telling lies just to keep a score up. Has STAR made bigger cheater and dishonest people out of all of us?

 You need to lie to protect a score that is based on a FANTASY.

Re: Can't drive a STICK?

Skanga
Best Answer I Can Give wrote
No this guy has been doing it for over 10 years.
Then there's absolutely no excuse for his behavior. Even if the only time he drove stick-shift cars was on dynamometers, he should've gotten used to them by now. I'm surprised he even has a job, unless he's the boss and hates making money.

Best Answer I Can Give wrote
Has STAR made bigger cheater and dishonest people out of all of us?

 You need to lie to protect a score that is based on a FANTASY.
That's the irony of it all. I know people who were straight shooters before the STAR program. Once the hammer of doom came down, they all turned to fucking the customer over to save their own asses. I guess you can't blame them. But they're not playing the game wisely. This shit is chess, not checkers!