Can't find, any of you OLD guys got a picture of one?

Can't find, any of you OLD guys got a picture of one?

Best Answer I Can Give
 Facts Man might if he looks here.

 Back I mean way back, most of you guys were still jumping nut to nut, GM came out with a "Diagnostic Tool"
 The wiring harness came up on each fender. Depending on what side of the car you put the "Tool" into you could read voltage to Electrical items.

 What brought this up is, my son was looking at a Toyota Diagnostic plug.

 Well this tool plugged into the GM orange plug and you could read what was going on, voltage wise.

 The fun part was, one side of the car it read X the other side it read Y.

 If some one can come up with a picture this will all make sense. I try the Net, No Picture, all new stuff.

Re: Can't find, any of you OLD guys got a picture of one?

Johnnybeme
I have one but god knows where it is cause it has been decades since it was used.

Re: Can't find, any of you OLD guys got a picture of one?

 If some one can come up with a picture this will all make sense. I try the Net, No Picture, all new stuff.
I can't find it either.   I'm sure I have it somewhere in the shop.   I never throw anything away.

It plugged into an orange connector.   There was one on each side of the vehicle.   It was a built in breakout box.   I'd connect the ignition scope to the distributor primary.   Lots of tests you could do at that connector.

 What brought this up is, my son was looking at a Toyota Diagnostic plug.
I bought a connector so I could use my OBDII breakout box with it.  Don't waste your money buying it, it's useless.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B008FX9D7A

Re: Can't find, any of you OLD guys got a picture of one?

Re: Can't find, any of you OLD guys got a picture of one?

scanner
barrym95838 wrote
early gm orange diagnostic connector
Michael, You da Man!

Re: Can't find, any of you OLD guys got a picture of one?

Just the Facts

Re: Can't find, any of you OLD guys got a picture of one?

BlueSky
Here's the front and back of mine.

Re: Can't find, any of you OLD guys got a picture of one?

Johnnybeme
I have the same one (Fox Valley-Snap On), used to be handy to remote start and check voltages. God I am old!

Re: Can't find, any of you OLD guys got a picture of one?

Best Answer I Can Give
 Thanks to ALL!!!!!!.

 Now for those that didn't get the idea, if you look on the top and the bottom are two different things. One side of the car it read the top the other the bottom.

 Old but not dead.