Cash

Voltron
It amazes me how me people have to ask what cash is. Yes ask. "What do you mean cash? Like a debit card or check?" This is also while they are facing a sign that says no cards accepted and the coupon they handed me states cash only too

Re: Cash

none
Your shop doesn't accept cards? Do you have the customer pay first? I would love to only take cash and not have all those fees that the credit cards cost me but I don't think it would work here.

I have seriously thought about not taking checks anymore but I bet 80% or more of my customers pay with a credit or debit card.

Re: Cash

Voltron
Im in a pretty nice area where people for the most part can be trusted to either go get cash while we hold there paperwork or have wad of cash with them already. checks we dont have problems either (knock on wood). My last shop got fake checks or people would cancel the check and send in one for the price they feel they shouldve paid all the time till they finally decided to no longer accept them.

Re: Cash

Best Answer I Can Give
 Major problem I see you could have? Piss off a IRS guy. Audit time. You collect CASH, so you must be hiding CASH.

 I just figure the CC charges, the bad checks are just part of it.
If you think you may be getting a bad check, or have a bunch of them, easy. Post a sign that states, You give us a bad check, we tell the State, the State will pull your reg, because you never paid for you smog check. Deal with us or Deal with The DMV. THEY WILL PULL YOUR REG.

We all know that's BS, but the person writting the BAD CHECK DOESN'T

Re: Cash

people are just stupid.
we take all credit/debit cards, and checks with telecheck.
We do not want them back after smog, except for more smogs.

Re: Cash

Decker

Re: Cash

Voltron
@Best answer, Thats not my problem to deal with. I get paid with a check with taxes taken out so im good. What they do with their money is on them not me. @mtsuo They just got sick of all the fees for credit card and most of the people that come here have cash already or a check. do they get annoyed, sometimes but i tell them before smog so they can decide

Re: Cash