Cat test group not on ARB site

BayAreaSmogTech
I have a customer with a 2005 Nissan Sentra 1.8S. Arb website only shows one engine test group for this car and its 5NSXV01.8S2A. This cars underhood label shows that its a california PZEV vehicle with test group of 5NSXV01.883A. I called industry help desk but they weren't very helpful. Anyone know how to proceed in this scenario? I'd normally punt stuff like this but feel bad for this customer. She's been given the run around by another shop.

Re: Cat test group not on ARB site

none
There are no aftermarket cats available in California for SULEV, PZEV, or diesels.

Re: Cat test group not on ARB site

BayAreaSmogTech
none wrote
There are no aftermarket cats available in California for SULEV, PZEV, or diesels.
So in this case, are we supposed to sub in a california compliant cat like we do for federal vehicles or tell the customer they are shit out of luck?

Re: Cat test group not on ARB site

none
Dealer only.

Re: Cat test group not on ARB site

If EF# not on the arb website then its dealer only if CA certified car.

Re: Cat test group not on ARB site

BayAreaSmogTech
Update on this one. The ref is going to allow the customer to put a Magnaflow 452806 on it since dealer cats are not available.

Re: Cat test group not on ARB site

Ram Rod
I bet the car needs a oem cat from nissan dealer.

Re: Cat test group not on ARB site

BayAreaSmogTech wrote
Update on this one. The ref is going to allow the customer to put a Magnaflow 452806 on it since dealer cats are not available.
Is the REF going to put a label on it so the next guy doesn't fail it and ding your FPR?

Re: Cat test group not on ARB site

Ram Rod
Yes sir.I have seen those i few times.

Re: Cat test group not on ARB site

none
Ram Rod wrote
Yes sir.I have seen those i few times.
I have too, BUT I have also had them say what cat to put on but no label. It is possible that they were supposed to go back to the REF after it was installed and didn't but I wouldn't pass one without it.

Re: Cat test group not on ARB site

Re: Cat test group not on ARB site

Ram Rod
Thats right.They have to go back to referee to get it inspected.Once ref has passed the inspection they will put the ref label with cat eo # for future smog inspection.Dont go with what customer says.

Re: Cat test group not on ARB site

Technician A
BayAreaSmogTech wrote
Update on this one. The ref is going to allow the customer to put a Magnaflow 452806 on it since dealer cats are not available.
Why is this even allowed? Seems like there is no point in us checking for the correct cats when the ref will allow lower quality cats to be installed.

There are aftermarket cats available for SULEV. Check out D-182-69. Don't want techs to auto fail because they see the SULEV under the hood.

Re: Cat test group not on ARB site

Technician A wrote
BayAreaSmogTech wrote
Update on this one. The ref is going to allow the customer to put a Magnaflow 452806 on it since dealer cats are not available.
Why is this even allowed? Seems like there is no point in us checking for the correct cats when the ref will allow lower quality cats to be installed.

There are aftermarket cats available for SULEV. Check out D-182-69. Don't want techs to auto fail because they see the SULEV under the hood.
I just looked it up. I dont see any sulev anywhere

https://ww3.arb.ca.gov/msprog/aftermkt/devices/eo/d-182-64.pdf

EDIT Just noticed my mistake, but still cant find the pdf for D-189-69

Re: Cat test group not on ARB site

Technician A wrote
... Check out D-182-69...
Are you messing with us?

Re: Cat test group not on ARB site

Technician A wrote
... Check out D-182-69...
Are you messing with us?
Where is Technician B at? I want to see what he has to say.

Re: Cat test group not on ARB site

Technician A

There are aftermarket cats available for SULEV. Check out D-182-69. Don't want techs to auto fail because they see the SULEV under the hood.
I get what you now mean from your original post.

Re: Cat test group not on ARB site

You're right. I tried GOOGLE search of the EO# and it didn't come up and then I typed it into the adress bar but didn't put ".pdf" at the end and it said page not found.  My mistake.

Re: Cat test group not on ARB site

You're right. I tried GOOGLE search of the EO# and it didn't come up and then I typed it into the adress bar but didn't put ".pdf" at the end and it said page not found.  My mistake.
There are still no aftermarket for toyo and honda sulev
12