Catalytic Converter / Test Group Search

luker
I've developed an improved catalog for looking up CARB compliance. It has all data of the Catalytic Converter Database published by CARB and includes a more seamless lookup (as well as direct lookup by Test-Group).

CARB Catalytic Converter Search Tool: www.arb.parts

Please give your feedback & feature requests for the tool here or to my email: luke@rehmann.co

Thanks!

Re: Catalytic Converter / Test Group Search

scanner
luker wrote
Please give your feedback
I'm impressed.  It's quicker than the ARB site.

Re: Catalytic Converter / Test Group Search

I looked at it last night and I really like it. I've saved it to my screens that open when I start my computer.

I think it would be a handy link to give to customers when they call me trying to figure out which CAT they can buy. It is very user friendly.

Re: Catalytic Converter / Test Group Search

LUKER, I think you would get more traffic on the CAL ARC web site if you post it on the FORUM under the "Star station technicians" rather than at the "ASK & ANSWER" section that doesn't get much traffic. You will probably get the most traffic by posting on iATN under the "emissions forum".

Thanks again for the resource.

Re: Catalytic Converter / Test Group Search

Best Answer I Can Give
 Looked at it. Looked good. I think we will be using it. Thanks to who ever did it and put it up.

Re: Catalytic Converter / Test Group Search

luker
Thanks, I'll post there as well.

Already got some good feedback on the tool.
Some people search executive orders in weird ways I.E. D798 = D-798 = D798 so I've modified the tool to determine exactly what the EO should be based on the input search.

Re: Catalytic Converter / Test Group Search

Smogtech
added to far bar. thanks

Re: Catalytic Converter / Test Group Search

My Name is Nobody
luker wrote

Thanks!
Very good!

Re: Catalytic Converter / Test Group Search

luker
Further improved the search algorithm to point searches like D-193128 and 193128 to Executive Order D-193-128

Re: Catalytic Converter / Test Group Search

SoCalSmogGuy
Very nice and impressive.

May I ask, is there a benefit to using your database versus a general Google search?

To this day I simply type E.O. numbers into google search and the first link is almost always the direct pdf file from ARB.
Work Smarter AND Harder

Re: Catalytic Converter / Test Group Search

D Rochells 150861
It's even easier and more direct to just change the EO digits in an arb html link.

https://arb.ca.gov/msprog/aftermkt/devices/eo/D-XXX-XX.pdf

I wish I knew how to make a pretty box that could put the users entry into the XXX-XX and click go. Stupid OIS should have an EO widget like that. Imagine if you entered the EO and EFN etc, and OIS decided if it was legal. That would shut up the passed last timers.
זאר
Join the Smog Union!
http://www.smogunion.org/

Click to Donate Now!

Re: Catalytic Converter / Test Group Search

I just looked up a 1998 Toyota Camry 2.2L w/ D-193-122

It didn't list it, probably due to the search engine not uploading every page of the PDF.

It came up on the first page of the CARB site.

I tried by EO and by building the vehicle.

Th site is not reliable at this time.

Re: Catalytic Converter / Test Group Search

luker
@sycamoreshell, the advantage is just ease of use and uptime. The CARB site is not very mobile friendly and can be down sometimes. I thought a duplicate of the data in a nicer format might be useful to a lot of people. Test group searches can be conducted on the arb.parts site but not with carb directly. Additionally, CARB makes you search for catalytic converters and other modification parts separately. arb.parts is an all-in-one search. (I'm working on adding fuel tanks as well). Any other feature requests or feedback is greatly appreciated!

@scanner You're right. Thanks for the bug report. It looks like the data got cut off for this executive order at "Scion". I will be going through and manually verifying the data is complete for the remainder of the executive orders. Really appreciate the feedback in the early stage of this tool.

@D, you can also jump right to the PDF pages of executive orders by changing the digits in this link: arb.parts/EO/D-123.pdf

Re: Catalytic Converter / Test Group Search

defective
Luker, would it be better to have a new tab open when you click "view executive order pdf"?  At least for me using chrome, it seems to load slower from within your search page.  If I open the same pdf in a new tab outside of your site, it comes up quicker.

@defective - PDFs now open in new tabs. Unfortunately, I believe the slowness of this feature may be due to the very large size some pages can get (with some Executive orders having thousands of approved vehicles). I'll see what I can do to optimize the page further and decrease that time.

@scanner - I've triple checked the vehicle applications and we shouldn't be missing any more vehicles. There were a total of about 500 applications missing of almost 400,000 (two E.O. got cut off).

Re: Catalytic Converter / Test Group Search

luker wrote
Please give your feedback & feature requests for the tool here or to my email: luke@rehmann.co

2002 Toyota Tundra  3.4L    D-193-103

Not listed in your database.   It's in the CARB database