Check engine light after test

CAsmog
Check engine light came on after the test on 2006 Honda Pilot, customer came back all mad that I messed up his car, can OIS trigger the check engine. Any idea?

Re: Check engine light after test

none
What was the code? If it was a U series code it could be.

Re: Check engine light after test

CAsmog
It’s was a P code for 02 sensor

Re: Check engine light after test

none
I'm sure the OIS did not cause that.

Did you check if the live data showed how many miles and warm ups since it was cleared? I'm not sure if a 2006 Honda will give you that. Also if EVAP was incomplete.

Re: Check engine light after test

CAsmog
Evap  was complete, I didn’t check live data

Re: Check engine light after test

 Sir, if you believe it was something that we did, take it to a shop. Have them look at it. If it is a "Smog repair station and they say we caused it we will pay for the repairs. Better yet, here is the number to the BAR. File a complaint. Let them tell you we did nothing wrong.

 Sir I want you back as a repeat. Why would I want to screw you and never see you again? I need you to be happy and tell friends about what good work we do. This shop needs to do good work so you tell others about us. Tell them good things not bad.

 Don't get MAD tell them why you would not do what they say you did.

Re: Check engine light after test

What was the code? If it was a U series code it could be.
I had my ois cause a "u" code on an 2012 nissan. Not only that, he kept resetting the car and running the monitors to complete with no codes. On the third try my DAD unit got fried....

So the ois can fry a cars computer??

Re: Check engine light after test

none
No One wrote
none wrote
What was the code? If it was a U series code it could be.
I had my ois cause a "u" code on an 2012 nissan. Not only that, he kept resetting the car and running the monitors to complete with no codes. On the third try my DAD unit got fried....

So the ois can fry a cars computer??
I have had the OIS set U series codes on a few makes but usually MAZDA. It happens when I plug in the OBDII cable with the key on or engine running.

What I do then is cycle the key off and start the car and let it idle for 20 seconds and then turn it back off and do that again three times and it usually will turn the light back off on the fourth time I start it.

Re: Check engine light after test

Sir, if you believe it was something that we did, take it to a shop. Have them look at it. If it is a "Smog repair station and they say we caused it we will pay for the repairs. Better yet, here is the number to the BAR. File a complaint. Let them tell you we did nothing wrong.

 Sir I want you back as a repeat. Why would I want to screw you and never see you again? I need you to be happy and tell friends about what good work we do. This shop needs to do good work so you tell others about us. Tell them good things not bad.

 Don't get MAD tell them why you would not do what they say you did.
You and your employees may operate the described vehicle for the purpose of testing, inspecting, or delivery at any risk. An express lien is acknowledge on said vehicle to secure the amount of the test and certificate fee. Not responsible for loss, damage, or theft of personal property or accessories in any vehicle.

 X______BESTA________________

What I do then is cycle the key off and start the car and let it idle for 20 seconds and then turn it back off and do that again three times and it usually will turn the light back off on the fourth time I start it.
I will try this next time i run into the car if i even want to attempt it since it fired my ois

Re: Check engine light after test

WealdstoneRaider
When this happens to me I usually tell them consider themselves lucky it did not illuminate before the test or else you will need to repair the problem and return = more $. The code was probably pending.
want sm'ting I'll give it to ya

Re: Check engine light after test

I've had them set alarm or set module issues or even a communication code but never a component code if it's a component code nine times out of 10 the individual was trying to pull a fast one and then trying to get you to pay for it

On Thu, Oct 8, 2020, 4:46 PM CAsmog [via Stop The Star Program] <[hidden email]> wrote:
Check engine light came on after the test on 2006 Honda Pilot, customer came back all mad that I messed up his car, can OIS trigger the check engine. Any idea?

http://stop-the-star-program.3084.x6.nabble.com/Check-engine-light-after-test-tp5082153.html

Re: Check engine light after test

BayAreaSmogTech
CAsmog wrote
Check engine light came on after the test on 2006 Honda Pilot, customer came back all mad that I messed up his car, can OIS trigger the check engine. Any idea?

No your OIS isn't going to trigger a P code. The suv is 14 years old and things break down on it.

I just had german car I recently did a rear main seal on. Customer blew it out by running too much boost. While the car was on the rack, the timing tensioner went and caused valve damage. Is it my fault his car broke on the rack? Absolutely not. Shit happens, cars break, CELs come on.

Re: Check engine light after test

IncogLegal
CAsmog wrote
Check engine light came on after the test on 2006 Honda Pilot, customer came back all mad that I messed up his car, can OIS trigger the check engine. Any idea?
Tell him he had the code pending in memory. It takes 2 trips if fault is seen twice it will trigger the MIL.