Citation Being Issued

Nick1315
Hi guys, i got a letter notified me that a citation being issued. A UC car with a missing or modified Positive Crankcase Ventilation System. This is my first citation and i am not sure what is going to happen ? is my score go down, lose my STAR, will i be on probation for a period of time ? Anyone know please help me . Thank you very much.

Re: Citation Being Issued

Samy
I am very sorry to hear that. Unfortunately our carrier sucks because we keep getting zapped. I got a ticket just because my business partner got two mistakes two years ago and I had to pay his price just because the business was INC and I kept the name. $1500 Dollars.
Was this your 1st time if it was I don't think you loose your Star but you have to pay the fine.
I wish you best luck.

Re: Citation Being Issued

smogPhobic
Do you know what kind of car it was?  Any idea?

Thanks!
Hang in there, buddy.

Re: Citation Being Issued

You're fucked.  Google your question. Not much demand for an inspector who can't do star.

Re: Citation Being Issued

none
Troll wrote
... Not much demand for an inspector who can't do star.
I would say that statement depends on where you live and if you are a repair guy or just an inspector.

I see about 10% STAR directed vehicle right now because I reject far more of the old junk. That 10% is still a lot of the junk and PIA customers I see.

Re: Citation Being Issued

NICK, Are you the shop owner or tech?

Re: Citation Being Issued

Nick1315
I am the Show owner as well as Tech. This is a Test Only station no repair.

Re: Citation Being Issued

Best advice is to go into the "Citation Conference" with an open mind.
LISTEN very carefully to the BAR representative at the field office.
Do "go off" on the BAR Rep., he has to follow certain guidelines during the
conference.
Don't waste your time and money defending yourself in court.
You will pay "investigation cost", it is NOT a Fine.
You will eventually loose your STAR Certification.
You may Re-apply for STAR One Year AFTER the effective date of the citation.
It is NOT Probation.
This information is available in the BAR regulations book.

Re: Citation Being Issued

Nick1315
2002 Ford Mustang, Automatic. Last 6 of the vin # F127520. They disconected the very bottom PCV crankcase.

Re: Citation Being Issued

You will be required to attend an 8-hour BAR citation training class,
the BAR office field rep. will provide you with a list of schools to choose
from for the Citation class.

Re: Citation Being Issued

That Mustang has been used as an UC for over a year now.
A shop in Vacaville got "hit" on that one.

Re: Citation Being Issued

Nick1315
How about the tech,shop STAR scores any idea bro ?

Re: Citation Being Issued

kfworry
My question is are "you the tech & shop owner that received the citation"??
You STAR score will not be affected, but you WILL eventually
loose your STAR certification.

Re: Citation Being Issued

Nick1315
I am the Tech as well as the Shop owner received the citation

Re: Citation Being Issued

Okay, You Did Say you are the Tech & Shop owner.
Suck it up as a learning experience.
Take the Hit and get through it.
I've been through a few downturns in my 45-year automotive career.

Re: Citation Being Issued

NICK, read all of this thread http://stop-the-star-program.3084.x6.nabble.com/Post-Citation-td5064098.html

Re: Citation Being Issued

Nick1315
Thank you very much, im going to start using your check list
Ee

Re: Citation Being Issued

Ee
what do you mean the bottom of crankcase, was it the pcv valve side or free flow,  v8 or v6?

Re: Citation Being Issued

Skanga
Nick1315 wrote
They disconected the very bottom PCV crankcase.
 This is the kind of shit that makes me sick. This isn't a real-world failure or modification. These assholes are so corrupt, they have to disconnect or modify shit that isn't a realistic failure. I'm surprised they haven't started giving out citations for ball-bearings inside vacuum lines to the EGR. Then again, they'd probably get away with it since there's no serious oversight in this program.

Re: Citation Being Issued

Skanga wrote
... I'm surprised they haven't started giving out citations for ball-bearings inside vacuum lines to the EGR ...
I'm not certain to what extent, but I believe that they did use vacuum line BBs and/or block-off gaskets for UC TSI vehicles.  Funny thing is, I have encountered multiple examples of both in my test-and-repair career, and I'm pretty sure that none of them (except that one TSI digital-EGR Pontiac with no RPM drop about eight years ago) were UC ... so in my neighborhood, sneaky EGR modifications are "real-world".