Citation Being Issued

Re: Citation Being Issued

SacSmog
Just appeal it and go to the admin hearing. After that just pay the fine if they find you guilty which most likely they will. Once star invalidation comes, appeal that as well. Could possible take 1 year so dont worry about your star just yet. Most cases the Distric attorney is settling for 30 suspension for star. Ask me how I know lol went through the bull shit already. Lmk if u have any more question.
Ee

Re: Citation Being Issued

Ee
Nick1315 wrote
2002 Ford Mustang, Automatic. Last 6 of the vin # F127520. They disconected the very bottom PCV crankcase.
to Nick1315   what do you mean very bottom of crankcase, u mean the hose or pcv valve side, or does any one else noe

Re: Citation Being Issued

Awkward Turtle
That same vehicle was at my shop in 9/2016 here is what it failed for "VEHICLE HAS FAILED DUE TO A MODIFIED PCV, PCV IS MISSING (K&N FILTER IN ITS PLACE) HOSE TO INTAKE FROM PCV IS ALSO MISSING"
Caucasian lady (middle  aged), said it was her sons car and had zero paperwork
San Joaquin valley area

Re: Citation Being Issued

Nick1315
yeah EE, same like Turtle just mentioned it

Re: Citation Being Issued

Nick1315
Thank you very much SACSMOG.

Re: Citation Being Issued

Voltron
i couldve sworn they always have paperwork

Re: Citation Being Issued

Best Answer I Can Give
 Yes but are they getting smarter?  I had one that looked like coffee got spilled on it.

Re: Citation Being Issued

Skanga
barrym95838 wrote
Skanga wrote
... I'm surprised they haven't started giving out citations for ball-bearings inside vacuum lines to the EGR ...
I'm not certain to what extent, but I believe that they did use vacuum line BBs and/or block-off gaskets for UC TSI vehicles.  Funny thing is, I have encountered multiple examples of both in my test-and-repair career, and I'm pretty sure that none of them (except that one TSI digital-EGR Pontiac with no RPM drop about eight years ago) were UC ... so in my neighborhood, sneaky EGR modifications are "real-world".

I agree EGR modifications are very much real-world, but the bureau handing out citations for technicians not digging through vacuum lines to check for ball bearings would be downright criminal.

I've had UCs with plates over the EGR port, disconnected EGRs, missing EGRs, etc. I think we can all agree these would merit some form of discipline. Definitely not the monetary or employment kind. But more and more, these assholes are pushing the envelope to try to bust us and put us out of work. One day, they just won't care and will start giving out citations for not checking for empty catalytic converters, dashboards that are re-wired to hide an MIL on, etc.

I am just gonna give them ideas now. Hey, BAR...how about giving us a citation for not detecting those "guaranteed to pass" additives? Make us build a lab in our shop, make us siphon gas out of car's tanks with our mouth and a hose, have us buy expensive test kits to detect these additives, and fine us $100,000 if we accidentally contaminate the results with our saliva. Hey, give it a shot! I mean, we're most likely gonna elect another dipshit in November that will sign off on it!

Re: Citation Being Issued

smogido
Always ask for their Driver Licenses so you wont have any problem. UC cars wont show DL.

Re: Citation Being Issued

Voltron
most the people in this area would tell you to phuck off if u asked for a DL

Re: Citation Being Issued

Re: Citation Being Issued

Voltron
D Rochells 150861 wrote
My ex job in your area had the retardo master software and we had very few people complain about the DL request. The people that did were mental, illegals or the service writer phrased the request wrong.

I hate that software but it was nice when a previous customers data prefilled and it was clear it was not an UC.
you know what coupons I have and the area im in, i get 60% entitled, 20% mental, and the other 20% from the hoods with their $10 bill and temper when i say extra fees

Re: Citation Being Issued

Re: Citation Being Issued

Voltron
at least the scenery is nice.  Unless its yoga pants worn by someone that looks they have a full diaper and shouldnt be in them to begin with

Re: Citation Being Issued

STAR is Racist
We had that POS in here. Older dude has no paperwork and when asked about his little mod he says it's his sons car. The missing pcv hose and the big ass vacuum cap really stuck out, the pcv valve filter was hidden nicely under the intake tube but if ur looking for the pcv system coming off both valve covers it would be hard to miss.
12