Citation - Ohh what a glorious day.

Norcal209
I've only been a smog technician for 3 years. .And have always managed to keep my license in good standing as far as the STAR program goes.. I made the mistake of going to work for a shop I was already suspicious about. July 16, 4 days before my birthday they sent me an undercover trap car. .I just got the letter in the mail. No details except telling me to go to a citation meeting in Rancho Crapdova..

Re: Citation - Ohh what a glorious day.

Citation Addict
Sorry to hear my friend I got one as well to. I am in the SD area. What car did they get you with? Please do share.

Plate and Vin
Description of vehicle.

Re: Citation - Ohh what a glorious day.

Norcal209
I don't know yet. .. This is bull. . . I don' even want to hold on to this license.. It's been nothing but shady smog shops and shady customers . .. Between dealing with the BAR and the STAR garbage..  It's just not worth it. .

Re: Citation - Ohh what a glorious day.

Look at the paperwork for that day and see which cars paid full price cash and you
should be able to identify which car it was.

Re: Citation - Ohh what a glorious day.

Norcal209
077  I left that shop little over a week after this happened.. Nice going away present.

Re: Citation - Ohh what a glorious day.

Citation Addict
It was not meant to be. I was in a similar senerio and had enough with shady bosses and shady business practices that attracted BARs attention without me knowing of any problems that would arise from doing repairs. I could never satisfy a customer and I decided to go Test Only.

Re: Citation - Ohh what a glorious day.

Norcal209
My "hearing" is on the 11th..  SO am I looking at at least a $1500 fine?? and 1 year no STAR?? At this point I feel like taking my license and throwing it at Mr. Bowden while giving him a piece of my mind ..

Re: Citation - Ohh what a glorious day.

909Smog
Just appeal it to buy some time.  Who's Mr. Bowden?

Re: Citation - Ohh what a glorious day.

Norcal209
Mr. Bowden represents the "legislative" side of the STAR program.. He's the pig they put in charge to "cite" the technicians.. And take their money.. Are you saying.. If I appeal.. and I have no intention of paying their fines and no intention of retaining my license?? I can buy time just by appealing?? If that's the case?? How much time can be bought??

Re: Citation - Ohh what a glorious day.

Citation Addict
In some cases it can take 6 months to a year to get your hearing. In my case, they put a Order of Abatement (Suspension) on my license until I completed the training. Well guess what? Classes around here in SD dont start until the end of the month! Or the classes are more than 50 miles away. It makes it very inconvienent for me, so I appealed which kicks the Abatement order to the curb so I can have more time to go to these classes, and still work.

But heres the thing, I am not going to fallow through with the appeals process. Once you initiate a appeal you can only stop it by a letter of withdraw from the appeal, and state you will be paying the fine. Your official time to reapply to Star does not start until they have the final decision from the BAR whether its the fine or the decision from the Administrative Judge in the event you fallow through with the appeal and  you happen to lose on the appeal.

I have told the BAR how unfair the Appeals process is to licensees and never heard of anyone winning thier case. They told that is absolute Bullshit. Oh yeah? show me such a case where a technician has walked away and has not had to pay a damn thing.
Al

Re: Citation - Ohh what a glorious day.

Al
Bplacke;
Tech"s have won a citation hearing. It is possible but not probable.

Re: Citation - Ohh what a glorious day.

Norcal209
so I do an appeal. . Then if they throw an abaitment at me? I can appeal that as well ? I DO NOT PLAN ON KEEPING THIS LICENSE.. It's just too much BS? . . SO basically.. It's sounding like I can twist their necks for a bit . .. . Gotta love Beuarocracy

Re: Citation - Ohh what a glorious day.

GrossPolluter
If you are going to appeal the citation, I believe you don't have to sign the order of Abatement.

That is just for the ones to chose to accept. My former employer appealed the citation, it took them

over a year to settle. When I accepted, I signed the order of Abatement but still was working

during the time. Until beginning 2013 when STAR began

What exactly did they give you? Did they just give you a citation with a fine and classes? They only hand that out during the conference.

Re: Citation - Ohh what a glorious day.

GrossPolluter
Yes. The conference at the BAR office they handed me some documents to sign.

A fine, list of locations to take my class and the order of abatement. I have everything at

home somewhere.

Re: Citation - Ohh what a glorious day.

Citation Addict
They way to get through the abatement order is file an appeal until you finish the classes, and then submit a letter of withdraw from the appeal if you have no intention of fighting the citation.

That is what I am doing at the moment so I can continue working to pay off the fines. What will happen if you pay the fines right away is the Abatement order takes over once they recieve the fines and, you will be locked out until you submit proof of the classes, and knowing BAR they will drag thier feet.

Re: Citation - Ohh what a glorious day.

smog king101
That Sick Pig.

Re: Citation - Ohh what a glorious day.

Norcal209
@ Bplacke  they sent me a letter in the mail saying I got popped for an undercover.. And to be at Rancho Cordova on the 11th.. That's all I know.

Re: Citation - Ohh what a glorious day.

Norcal209
So even if I appeal?? I still have to pay fines?? And pay for the citation class??

Re: Citation - Ohh what a glorious day.

Norcal209
What if I go.. and don't even want to do the appeal.. Just turn in my license.. Am I still looking at paying some BS fine??
123