Citation - Ohh what a glorious day.

Re: Citation - Ohh what a glorious day.

smogtech19
oh they are reaching with that one how did the module effect emissions sounds like some bullshit I had a wierd one like that It was a 2003 gmc full size truck with a sticker in the door that said it vechicle has be modified with a hypertech module the kind you plug it the cpu like a scan tool you cant see anything it just like reprograms everything I just failed that shit told him to set it back to factory settings and remove the sticker thanks for the heads up anyone could of missed that.

Re: Citation - Ohh what a glorious day.

Karupt
Are these also know as performance chips? So what you are saying is you don't just unplug the device from there obd two port ? WE must fail it even though we just unplugged it?
    Now the sticker on the door , Did it state it had been reprogrammed? I am just Leary as to the visual difference between a mandatory ( usually it is a dealership recall) reflash and an aftermarket illegal one. Any suggestions or tips would be ever so helpful ! Thanks smog fam.

Re: Citation - Ohh what a glorious day.

Citation Addict
I fail cars with the OBD2 scanner that some customers leave in place. First question I ask them is why its hooked up? You do realize that constitutes a fail, right? Tampering with computer programming.

Next thing I do is, test the car as is and, fail it for monitor status.

Re: Citation - Ohh what a glorious day.

barrym95838 wrote
I failed one like that last year.  The PCM is on the firewall, and this one clearly had something extra sandwiched between the PCM and one of the connectors.  No EO# = fail.

barrym95838
EO144107
     Bears, what year? PCM on firewall sounds Pre obd two.  In other words anything that is near the obd two port or  PCM that looks connected or attached to it w/o eo#s is a automatic fail? would you please tell me if that applies to obd one also?

Re: Citation - Ohh what a glorious day.

K20SI
i had a 2005 f150 come in with a programmer hooked up to the obd2 port i was about to fail it but then i looked on the door  a carb eo number i guess programmers come with carb eo lol

Re: Citation - Ohh what a glorious day.

It looked kind of like this:

It was in plain sight on the firewall.

the one i had was a wire going to the obd2 and a screen on the dash but it comes with carb eo #

Re: Citation - Ohh what a glorious day.

Karupt
Thank you for the quick replies! Surprises me how fast Barry can upload these pics!

Re: Citation - Ohh what a glorious day.

Norcal209
can the shop sue me for the charges the BAR hit them with? ?

Re: Citation - Ohh what a glorious day.

FiendFX
you are the employee, how can they sue you? lol

Re: Citation - Ohh what a glorious day.

Norcal209
I am no longer employed at that shop.. In fact less than two weeks after this happened I was already at my new shop. . But knowing the owners.. I gotta feeling they will try to re-coup the money from me that the BAR hit them with. . Is that possible???

Re: Citation - Ohh what a glorious day.

What do you mean you were not fined? Never heard of them waving the fine in a conferance meeting. If they waved the fine something is seriously wrong with the UC car to start with. Did you get copies of the under pictures? If what you are telling us is true, I would get a lawyer and fight it.
123