Citation confirmed

Citation Addict
Got a citation

Here the vehicle information
1987 Chevrolet C-20 PICKUP
Plate# 4D46737
VIN# 1GCGR24N1HJ153661

I dont know what they could have messed with, probably timing if not a missing component.
I am a Star Station. Im screwed.

Re: Citation confirmed

007
dyno test or two speed idle test?

Re: Citation confirmed

justa
Banned User

Re: Citation confirmed

Citation Addict
Dynoed the test.

Re: Citation confirmed

SmogTech Cali
What part of the state are you in?

Re: Citation confirmed

Citation Addict
Thats why I put the information out there.

Re: Citation confirmed

Karupt
Thanks Bplacke for helping the rest of us out. I am right down the 78 from you and wonder if they come by to all shops in the area. Noticed that old pos was not star directed .

Re: Citation confirmed

SmogTech Cali
yeah guys. what part of the state is highway 78 in?

Re: Citation confirmed

Mark
SoCa

Re: Citation confirmed

Citation Addict
North Sd area.

Re: Citation confirmed

SmogTech Cali wrote
yeah guys. what part of the state is highway 78 in?
Southern Cali ,  soooo let's be on our toes and take as much time as needed , who cares if customer is hot, in a hurry ,hungry, has a doctors appt. ,has to crap,etc.  it's our  ass on the line here.

Re: Citation confirmed

Mark
YEP!

Re: Citation confirmed

What city are you in??
What date did it come in??
Thanks

Re: Citation confirmed

smogtech19
when they hit a area the car goes to all shop in that area be on your toes

Re: Citation confirmed

OceanViewTch
mother fucker....don't they think they are making it hard enough on us....last vehicle i failed the customer told me so & so told me I should have paid $200 for an illegal smog...the crooks are still out there in the mean time those of us doing the best of our ability get hit with this bullshit...wtf!!!  sorry man

Re: Citation confirmed

OceanViewTch
how long from the time you smogged the uc vehicle to the time you received the citation?

Re: Citation confirmed

Mark
Bout a month last time

Re: Citation confirmed

Jones

Re: Citation confirmed

Citation Addict
My boss owns 2 stations one was nabbed in March and now they are sending an undercover here to the second station.No bar complaints, I dont clean pipe, it took me 3 or 4 months after Star was initiated, Ive worked my ass off to get where I am at I had plans to take over the business and now I cant.  Its days like today I really hate this industry.

Re: Citation confirmed

KeepItReal
SSTO wrote
My understanding it takes about 3 to 4 month since you smog and citation letter received.
I went through that 3 times.
2 techs working for me got a ticket and I got one.

On average it takes 4 to 6 weeks after passing the vehicle to receive the dreaded certified letter, than the letter gives you a date to go to the field office usually about a month after receiving the letter.
123