Clairification Needed?

007
Can anyone tell me the differance between a 1999 C1500 and 1500 Silverado?

Re: Clairification Needed?

smogido
I believe they are the same. I use C1500 in eis.

Re: Clairification Needed?

cosmokramertheassman

This is what I believe to be the answer. Top pic is a 99 C1500. Middle pic is a 99 Silverado 1500. Bottom pic is what is sometimes referred to as a "C1500." I've entered many Suburbans into the EIS as a C1500 because there was no Suburban option in the vehicle menu list. My two cents.

Re: Clairification Needed?

Do you think there would be any emission control differances between the two?

Re: Clairification Needed?

c1500 and silverado difference is size engine. like others have said, c1500 are older version and silverado are the ones that are 2000 and up. difference could be engine size. 5.0, 5.7 and 4.8, 5.3.

Re: Clairification Needed?

Centralized Smog
The 'C' in front of 'C1500' refers to the body type (5th digit of vin). On the full size pickups/suvs, it is either a C for 2wd or a K for 4wd. So a C1500 is a 2wd truck. It could be a Silverado or a suv.

Re: Clairification Needed?

007
1999 chevy pick up after market cat with eo#, if you go to the state data base and select c1500 the eo# is not there, select 1500 Silverado and the number is there.

Re: Clairification Needed?

justa
Banned User

Re: Clairification Needed?

007
Justa said

 Here we go C is two wheel drive. K is four wheel drive. C1500 Chevy or GMC C10 was a half ton 2 wheel drive full size pickup.
2500 was 3/4 ton 3500 was a one ton

Missing the point here, the Silverado 1500 was 2 wheel drive as is the c1500, but cat EO# good on the 1500 Silverado and not the c1500.

Re: Clairification Needed?

just another shop owner wrote
...  Most of you guys were still jumping nut to nut.
C'mon, big guy ... not all of us.  I was twelve years old, sporting a greasy Mr. Spock haircut, listening to the Bee Gee's, and failing to muster up the courage to ask a popular girl to dance with me at the roller rink!  That's also the year that my dad bought the little orange Fiesta in my avatar.  It didn't become mine until '84.

barrym95838
EO144107

Re: Clairification Needed?

007 I once failed a truck FORTHIS. SAme reason, only I CALLED the ARB and the rude young lady said it was not good on a Silverado, after I failed it and went to shop next door they told me they are one and the same! Called ARB back! talked to supervisor and she admitted she was wrong! I had the same dilemma.

Re: Clairification Needed?

FiendFX
So they are all the same ?

Re: Clairification Needed?

Zenkie
karuptrougeouttacontrol wrote
007 I once failed a truck FORTHIS. SAme reason, only I CALLED the ARB and the rude young lady said it was not good on a Silverado, after I failed it and went to shop next door they told me they are one and the same! Called ARB back! talked to supervisor and she admitted she was wrong! I had the same dilemma.
How do you know she is young?

Re: Clairification Needed?

Centralized Smog
007 wrote
Missing the point here, the Silverado 1500 was 2 wheel drive as is the c1500, but cat EO# good on the 1500 Silverado and not the c1500.
Since the vehicle matches both applications, you did the right thing to check both. That listing has errors. But BAR should not give you a hard time if you make a mistake because of it.