Clean plugging

OneSmoggyGuy
I keep hearing the term clean plugging getting thrown around and was wondering about the exact process behind it? Do you plug in another vehicle or is it some sort of device? I understand how they got away with it on the bar 97 but how are people getting away with doing it on the DAD? Shouldn't it be looking for the VIN?

Re: Clean plugging

Kevin
People on here are not going to teach you how to perform an illegal smog. That's not the purpose of this page

On Wed, Jan 13, 2021, 5:14 PM OneSmoggyGuy [via Stop The Star Program] <[hidden email]> wrote:
I keep hearing the term clean plugging getting thrown around and was wondering about the exact process behind it? Do you plug in another vehicle or is it some sort of device? I understand how they got away with it on the bar 97 but how are people getting away with doing it on the DAD? Shouldn't it be looking for the VIN?

http://stop-the-star-program.3084.x6.nabble.com/Clean-plugging-tp5082937.html

Re: Clean plugging

If you read some of the "accusations" on BAR's web site they explain what the shops were doing... and still got caught.

Re: Clean plugging

defective
Not all OBD2 vehicles support VIN, but the BAR does look at other things like PIDs and communication protocols specific to each vehicle.  Shops have been busted in the past for using OBD simulators or the same vehicle for multiple illegal passes.

Re: Clean plugging

2002
I looked up a shop nearby to mine and found a suit filed against him for pluggin cars. He literally clean plugged 30+ cars using his own personal vehicle lol... on all accusations it showed they expected a certain PID and VIN to be read and instead it kept reading his car's PID and his VIN on the smogs. How dumb can you be

Re: Clean plugging

No One
2002 wrote
I looked up a shop nearby to mine and found a suit filed against him for pluggin cars. He literally clean plugged 30+ cars using his own personal vehicle lol... on all accusations it showed they expected a certain PID and VIN to be read and instead it kept reading his car's PID and his VIN on the smogs. How dumb can you be
After 2017, this would result in a data check fail due smog mills doing 30+ clean plugs per night and the BAR not being able to shut them down.

Re: Clean plugging

SmogLife323
rumor around town is that now if these shops get one data check fail, both of their machines get Locked  ?
Cant confirm just gossip from local techs in my area