Clearsky or SmogAdvantage. Any preference from shops.

Clearsky or SmogAdvantage. Any preference from shops.

mikesmobile
I'm trying some programs and wanting your feedback
Thanks.
Mike

Re: Clearsky or SmogAdvantage. Any preference from shops.

Re: Clearsky or SmogAdvantage. Any preference from shops.

Best Answer I Can Give
  Mike, Test Only or Test and Repair?

Re: Clearsky or SmogAdvantage. Any preference from shops.

mikesmobile
Test only for now.
Mike

Re: Clearsky or SmogAdvantage. Any preference from shops.

Jones

Re: Clearsky or SmogAdvantage. Any preference from shops.

Best Answer I Can Give
 Ask one question. Is the info MINE. If you stop paying can you still get the info back?

 Test Only you don't need a Winworks type program.
The problem I see is, you stop paying them YOUR SCREWED.

 Hell look at Quick books. See if you can use their invoicing program.
The nice thing about a bigger Winworks\Quick-books programs, you can do all the shop book work on them.

Re: Clearsky or SmogAdvantage. Any preference from shops.

xcinlb
Anyone using Quickbooks for invoices for Test Only?

I know it has a "Invoice" part in it. I will ask my wife.

Re: Clearsky or SmogAdvantage. Any preference from shops.

mikesmobile
The data is on the PC with clearsky. It's not cloud based.
Mike

Re: Clearsky or SmogAdvantage. Any preference from shops.

iha

I am a test only and use Clearsky. I like the database because it is local and i can export its database as a
comma delimited file. This means that i am not tied forever to Clearsky. That said, i do not believe any thing beats a handwritten invoice for speed. I do not hand out Clearsky invoices to my customers. This is an internal database that i use to keep track of my customers! My only regret is that i did not build a customer database when i first opened up!

Re: Clearsky or SmogAdvantage. Any preference from shops.

Best Answer I Can Give
iha, Winworks will beat a hand written every time. Not the first time, but every time after that. And that my friend is what you are looking for. REPEAT people.
 A computer generated invoice looks so much cleaner and neat. It looks like you took your time and CARED.

Re: Clearsky or SmogAdvantage. Any preference from shops.

Kriss Vector
iha

I am old school, buy carbon paper from Staples and print out invoices from an excel spread sheet. Three copies and 2 carbon paper and the bottom copy is the estimate. Have the customer fill it out! if i print out from Clearsky more trees need to be cut.
iha

Re: Clearsky or SmogAdvantage. Any preference from shops.

iha
How closely tied is Winworks to  Carfax? I believe with Winworks the info from Winworks is populated to Carfax. Using Winworks is the reverse true? Can you view the service history of the vehicle in question with winworks or do you need a separate subscription to Carfax?

Does Winworks allow input from other databases or do you have to build from scratch?

Re: Clearsky or SmogAdvantage. Any preference from shops.

Best Answer I Can Give
 Don't know, don't think so. Phone and ask 1 800 winworks.

Re: Clearsky or SmogAdvantage. Any preference from shops.

inspectorgadet
Hi! I'd love to come by and check it out.

Where are you located?