Component locators.

Mike
This post was updated on .
What do you guy's use for component locators. Currently using alldata which seems to be good.
Wondering if there are better ones out there.
Mike
CalSmogTech.com

Re: Component locators.

K20SI
 i use alldata and sometimes when i cant find something and i have time on my hands i google it

Re: Component locators.

All Data is OK, but the BAR requires a Motor and/or Mitchell manual
to be on-hand for emission components along with a Vacuum Hose Routing manual.

Re: Component locators.

Mike
I have used the motor emissions applications guide but found it wanting.
Many times the info is vague and oftentimes is is just wrong.
Is there a better Motor product?

Re: Component locators.

kfworry
I too have seen mistakes in the Motor Book.
IE: the Motor Book says my 2005 Mini Cooper S has an
Air Pump, when the ECS label on my Mini does NOT list an Air Pump.
The vehicle ECS label over rules the book!!
I need to make a list of mistakes and let the folks at Motor
Manual and maybe the BAR cops know of the SNAFU.
To CYA document the service order with the page/s
and which book you used.
We are not required to figure out which book is right
or wrong.

Re: Component locators.

You can ask us. What are you looking for?

Re: Component locators.

K20SI
in the back of the motors book there is little cards u could fill them out and send them to motors the will fix the mistakes on the next updated book

Re: Component locators.

K20SI
the books have alot of mistakes i find mistakes daily in the 2013 motors books

Re: Component locators.

Citation Addict
And yet BAR makes us buy these books full of mistakes which is best used for toilet paper.