Confirmed uc

FrankieTee2167

Re: Confirmed uc

FrankieTee2167
This post was updated on .
02 maxima,missing canister,not much info,I’m working on it

Re: Confirmed uc

For sure. Very nice.

Re: Confirmed uc

Ser Dan
Thanks bro
Canister is located in the rear passenger side of the car? next to the rear wheel?

Re: Confirmed uc

FrankieTee2167
Driver side,this is a new uc they are sending out,let me know if any of you guys get it,someone I know got busted with this car already lol

Re: Confirmed uc

dcf1ver
FrankieTee2167 wrote
Driver side,this is a new uc they are sending out,let me know if any of you guys get it,someone I know got busted with this car already lol
Does the test history look unusual?

Re: Confirmed uc

Best Answer I Can Give
 By running that UC the BAR just PROVED that OBD can be BEAT. That it is FLAWED.
 Sometimes you have to be Smarter than the Equipment you are working with.

Re: Confirmed uc

nice job the program actually works if techs are catching UCs. canister wont set a dtc its not rocket science

Re: Confirmed uc

STAR is Racist

Re: Confirmed uc

dcf1ver
BasicTech678 wrote

 I don't KNOW. The canister is a "Emission Component" and you can remove it, and the system does not catch it, (Because it is FLAWED) Maybe it is Rocket Science.
 Sometimes you have to be Smarter than the Equipment you are working with.

Re: Confirmed uc

smog frogposter
Best Answer I Can Give wrote
I don't KNOW. The canister is a "Emission Component" and you can remove it, and the system does not catch it, (Because it is FLAWED) Maybe it is Rocket Science.
The comprehensive monitor will eventually detect a gross leak in the Evap system, prior to the implementation of the concept of utilizing PDTC's as part of the smog check program vehicles that had their Evap systems tampered with or having defective parts were bypassed through the exploitation of the incomplete monitor for the Evap. Now they've patched up this loop hole forcing consumers to repair their evap leaks and having us verify that the repairs were made properly through the completion of the monitor and the PCM clearing the PDTC on its own The same applies for Diesels with consumers avoiding having their DPF go through their Regen procedures.

Re: Confirmed uc

Best Answer I Can Give
 None of this matters about who certified it. THEY DIDN'T DO THE JOB RIGHT.
If the BAR can run a OBD vehicle with missing components, missing Emission components it shows the system is FLAWED.
 Sometimes you have to be Smarter than the Equipment you are working with.

Re: Confirmed uc

smog frogposter wrote
Best Answer I Can Give wrote
I don't KNOW. The canister is a "Emission Component" and you can remove it, and the system does not catch it, (Because it is FLAWED) Maybe it is Rocket Science.
. Now they've patched up this loop hole forcing consumers to repair their evap leaks and having us verify that the repairs were made properly through the completion of the monitor and the PCM clearing the PDTC on its own
An example of some common enabling criteria to run the EVAP monitors drive cycle:

The malfunction indicator lamp (MIL) must be off
Barometric pressure exceeds 75 Kpa
At start-up, IAT and ECT is between 45°F and 85°F
IAT is not more than 2°F greater than ECT
ECT is not more than 12°F greater than IAT
Fuel tank level is between 26 percent and 74 percent
The TPS is between 9 percent and 35 percent
The EVAP solenoid is at 50 percent pulse width PWM, within 65 seconds of engine run time

fuel level near empty or always full will never run the evap monitor. the canister is only connected by hoses. same difference with the purge valve its evap related. keep tank under or over fuel level, it will not be detected. unless its disconnected by its electrical connection

not rocket science

Re: Confirmed uc

smoggyg
do u have the vin on thta//id like tu vefify it

Re: Confirmed uc

dcf1ver wrote
BasicTech678 wrote
nice job the program actually works if techs are catching UCs. canister wont set a dtc its not rocket science
which part needs explaining?

Re: Confirmed uc

dcf1ver
BasicTech678 wrote
dcf1ver wrote
BasicTech678 wrote
nice job the program actually works if techs are catching UCs. canister wont set a dtc its not rocket science
which part needs explaining?
The part where a missing canister wont set a dtc....

Re: Confirmed uc

scanner
dcf1ver wrote
The part where a missing canister wont set a dtc....
I think he was saying, if BAR keeps the fuel tank topped off, the EVAP monitor won't run until the fuel level reaches 3/4 of a tank.   If the monitor doesn't run, a DTC won't set.

Re: Confirmed uc

Best Answer I Can Give
 THANK YOU. My point? THE PROGRAM CAN BE CHEATED.
 Sometimes you have to be Smarter than the Equipment you are working with.

Re: Confirmed uc

THANK YOU. My point? THE PROGRAM CAN BE CHEATED.
the point of the program is to have inspectors like OP who caught the UC car. you daily customer gets nothing in return in performance or fuel economy from removing the canister.

not all cheaters get caught but they still do with old UC methods and with less effort with OIS data.
12