Consistent Pricing

SoCalSmogGuy
This post was updated on .
New shop opened down the street from me about a year ago, test only, doing smogs for $24.95 plus cert

Wish we could have some collective pricing agreement between shops. I am losing regular customers to this bozo who will not survive past the 3 year mark. I have been in the same shop and location since 1998.
Work Smarter AND Harder

Re: Consistent Pricing

No One
SoCalSmogGuy wrote
New shop opened down the street from me about a year ago, test only, doing smogs for $24.95 plus cert

Wish we could have some collective pricing agreement between shops. I am losing regular customers to this bozo who will not survive past the 3 year mark. I have been in the same shop and location since 1998.
 Is that for DAD smogs only? Hang in there, the fucker will raise his prices once his customer base grows. Unless he's a test and repair...

Re: Consistent Pricing

Re: Consistent Pricing

No One
D Rochells 150861 wrote
Not going to happen, I'm pretty sure it's illegal. One of the old Chicago Rochells got in trouble for trying that  in the dry cleaning field.
Price fixing is illegal.

One time I had a customer complain that the state should regulate smog prices. So I told him, "how much is your registration? A lot, right? If the state says you have to pay me $200 per smog are you gonna pay it?" He changed his tune real quick.

Re: Consistent Pricing

Re: Consistent Pricing

user7112
yup its like the episode of King of the Hill where they price fixed the propane in Arlen and made a ton of money

Re: Consistent Pricing

WealdstoneRaider
SoCalSmogGuy wrote
 who will not survive past the 3 year mark.
Just wait it out 3 years then no?
want sm'ting I'll give it to ya

Re: Consistent Pricing

805smogtech
SoCalSmogGuy wrote
New shop opened down the street from me about a year ago, test only, doing smogs for $24.95 plus cert

Wish we could have some collective pricing agreement between shops. I am losing regular customers to this bozo who will not survive past the 3 year mark. I have been in the same shop and location since 1998.
lower your price to 23.75 plus cert. boom. problem solved.

Re: Consistent Pricing

The trend I'm seeing as a lot of tests only shops open up they run for a very short period of time the owner makes a quick buck and then closes down or sells the facility. The smog industry is changing, if your source of income is through test only then you should probably expand your horizons at the something else I see this industry radically changing within the next 20 years. Cars going longer and longer in between services and they eight year exemption. Is not helping anybody

New shop opened down the street from me about a year ago, test only, doing smogs for $24.96 plus cert

http://stop-the-star-program.3084.x6.nabble.com/Consistent-Pricing-tp5077079.html