Covid-19

gambit620
Hey,
Do you wear gloves and mask when you do a smog on any vehicle?

Re: Covid-19

none
I don't. I wash my hands a lot but not as much as I should.

Re: Covid-19

defective
Ive always worn gloves.  No mask though.  Im now also wearing gloves while dealing with customers and moving their cars into and out of the bay.  Maybe it gives them some kind of piece of mind that Im at least trying to be proactive in these times...

Re: Covid-19

smog frogposter
No, but had at least one customer that insisted we wear gloves otherwise the customer would not have allowed us near their vehicle. This whole pandemic hoopla feels like some form of psyops to try out a soft martial law and relinquish our constitutional right to assemble.

Re: Covid-19

defective wrote
Ive always worn gloves.  No mask though.  Im now also wearing gloves while dealing with customers and moving their cars into and out of the bay.  Maybe it gives them some kind of piece of mind that Im at least trying to be proactive in these times...
same gloves no mask, definitely makes customers feel better. i had one guy spray his car when he got out dash steering wheel door and outside door handle. and did it one more time when he got back in after i did inspection. so people do care and it makes them feel better during this time. where misinformation and panic is going around. like comment above mine for example

Re: Covid-19

I have always worn gloves to protect from dirt & grime when removing engine covers etc. The $2 Hardy gloves from HF last a few months but I now use Maxiflex gloves are more durable.
Exercise and dividends,dividends, DIVIDENDS.

Re: Covid-19

Able
defective wrote
Ive always worn gloves.  No mask though.  Im now also wearing gloves while dealing with customers and moving their cars into and out of the bay.  Maybe it gives them some kind of piece of mind that Im at least trying to be proactive in these times...

same here

got a customer asked if i used hands sanitizer before inspecting her car.

Re: Covid-19

nanz1414
gloves and mask  all the time now...

Re: Covid-19

How is wearing gloves going to help unless you change gloves every time you touch someones keys or car. This is not absorbed through the skin.

If I'm wearing gloves I can still drag germs from one spot to the next and touch a lot of things I shouldn't.

I need to wash my hands before I pull a car in and then again after I get out of it BUT before I touch my computer key board. Then wash them again before I pull the car out and again after I get out of it. Then again after I cash the customer out. I wash them a lot but not that much. That would be a lot of glove changes.

Re: Covid-19

Best Answer I Can Give
 Wash the paws before you touch the ugly MUG.

Re: Covid-19

There hasn't been any proof that the virus is infectious through various "fomites," but I do suggest you guys wear mask when communicating with customers or others in public. If you're going about your business while keeping away from people, wearing mask may not play that much of significant role.

I still hate this bullshit argument that mask are totally useless and ineffective. They work even though they aren't 100% effective at preventing infection, but then again nothing is 100% foolproof.

Re: Covid-19

none
Early on they said masks don't help and just don't touch your mouth or nose. WELL I sure can't touch my mouth or nose if I'm wearing a mask can I ?

China got it under control and made everyone wear masks and Austria has now required it too.

Re: Covid-19

Early on they said masks don't help and just don't touch your mouth or nose. WELL I sure can't touch my mouth or nose if I'm wearing a mask can I ?

China got it under control and made everyone wear masks and Austria has now required it too.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k4tjcZ-bG18&feature=youtu.be

Of course they got it under control.

Re: Covid-19

none
I saw that before that they welded the door shut on people's homes that kept going out when they were told not to. I guess that'll stop 'em.

On the WorldPac parts forum there is a guy who's wife has been in Wuhan since it started and talked about how you are not allowed to go outside and everyone in a very large city was confined to their houses.

Re: Covid-19

BayAreaSmogTech
Early on they said masks don't help and just don't touch your mouth or nose. WELL I sure can't touch my mouth or nose if I'm wearing a mask can I ?

China got it under control and made everyone wear masks and Austria has now required it too.

China didn't get shit under control. They just pushed all the foreign media out of the country and lied about new cases.

Re: Covid-19

none
BayAreaSmogTech wrote
Maybe that's what we should do. We all need to get back to work at some point.

Re: Covid-19

How is wearing gloves going to help unless you change gloves every time you touch someones keys or car. This is not absorbed through the skin.
Totally right, it's hard for me to draw the line between what's necessary, expected, PC, and/or whatever works for me!  Also keeping my hands away from my face, I never realized how often i did that for no reason at all!  Tough habit to break

Loaded for bear, licensed for quail.

Re: Covid-19

WealdstoneRaider
Interesting read. Should of listened to mom when she said eat your veggies and not overload on pastrami https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/other/diabetes-lung-and-heart-disease-common-in-us-coronavirus-patients-cdc/ar-BB11YUeE
want sm'ting I'll give it to ya

Re: Covid-19

 Article I was just reading on the Net, from Men's Health. Gloves are causing problems, False sense of security.
It is not transferred thru the skin.

Re: Covid-19

Best Answer I Can Give
 If you sit and think about it in these slow times, A mask is more important than gloves.
The virus will live a long time on surface. It get's on the gloves, you touch your face, welcome to Covid-19.
The mask will HELP you from touching two areas it can get in.

 Now if you are a guy with a full beard, like me, all the mask will do is help slow it down.

 Where do I get this from? A Respiratory Therapist, over 30 years time doing it. I kiss her every day she is not working. My wife.