Customers who bitch about the smog program

Customers who bitch about the smog program

planters
"They dont do smog in Kansas so it must be a scam!"

It usually goes something like that.

Well genius there aren't much people (and their cars) living in Kansas,
so there's no need for smog check over there. That's what I usually tell them, or something to that effect.

40 million vs 3 million people. Which state do you think could use a smog check program?

I remember growing up in the 70s and 80s when the skies of LA, aka the car capital of the world, were literally brown and black with smog pollution.

Re: Customers who bitch about the smog program

Troll
Same people who fail monitors, pending codes, no mil lights.

Re: Customers who bitch about the smog program

805smogtech
Had someone pull up wanting a smog 5 monutes beforfe i went home at noon on saturday. missing the entire dash. tell them i cant smog it, i need to see if the check engine light functions. "oh, it works. trust me." nope. please come back when you put the dash back in.

get a lot of people from the midwest or east coast with their 2015 and newer car that needs initail CA smog and they see someone getting a bar 97 smog (usually some mid 80s hooptie). They almost always ask why didn't i plug in and get the tailpipe numbers off their car so then i explain how the program works. get that pretty often

also get people who try and argue that their MIL (usually the ones that read "Service Engine Soon") being on shouldn't be a smog failure because it is really their maintenance light and the "just need an oil change." I really hate these people. they never understand it when you tell them, "I'm sorry, but your car failed smog and you have 7 codes stored."

and how about the one where the MIL has been burnt out because the customer has not fixed the issue. "but the light went out on its own!" ya, it burnt out but you still hve 12 codes stored in your computer, and you still fail. lol

Re: Customers who bitch about the smog program

I remember in 1982 going to Los Angles and having a hard time breathing.

On Sat, Nov 9, 2019, 9:55 PM planters [via Stop The Star Program] <[hidden email]> wrote:
"They dont do smog in Kansas so it must be a scam!"

It usually goes something like that.

Well genius there aren't much people (and their cars) living in Kansas,
so there's no need for smog check. That's what I usually tell them or something to that effect.

40 million vs 3 million people. Which state do you think could use a smog check program?

I remember growing up in the 70s and 80s when the skies of LA, aka the car capital of the world, were literally brown and black with smog pollution.

http://stop-the-star-program.3084.x6.nabble.com/Customers-who-bitch-about-the-smog-program-tp5077269.html

Re: Customers who bitch about the smog program

user7112
For me its usually middle aged guys with sunglasses, baseball hat, shorts and a diesel truck. They come in and say "everyone knows the smog is bullshit and the state just does it so they can get more money out of us. you don't even check smog on a diesel. its a scam."

i always tell them" yeah man i do all the work and the state keeps all the money, its BS"

that usually settles them down

Re: Customers who bitch about the smog program

dcf1ver
805smogtech wrote
LoL I would have said not today BAR. Not today.....

Re: Customers who bitch about the smog program

805smogtech
dcf1ver wrote
805smogtech wrote
Had someone pull up wanting a smog 5 monutes beforfe i went home at noon on saturday. missing the entire dash. tell them i cant smog it, i need to see if the check engine light functions. "oh, it works. trust me."
LoL I would have said not today BAR. Not today.....
LOL...pretty sure it wasn't a BAR car. but then again...