D's Funny Shit I Find in the Regs Official Thread

D's Funny Shit I Find in the Regs Official Thread

"Reference materials may be in electronic or hardcopy format and must be provided in
hardcopy format to BAR upon request"

SCM 2013 31

We were talking about this, it's ok to use only ALLDATA or equivalent instead of the books but if BAR wants it you must print it all out for them
זאר
Join the Smog Union!
http://www.smogunion.org/

Click to Donate Now!

Re: D's Funny Shit I Find in the Regs Official Thread

STAR FAQS

6.15 In order to maintain a high FPR score, should I refuse to inspect older, higher mileage vehicles?
No, even though Smog Check stations have the right to refuse to inspect vehicles they are uncomfortable testing.

*Only if you have a posted policy and chart about your comfort levels and which vehicles it applies to.
זאר
Join the Smog Union!
http://www.smogunion.org/

Click to Donate Now!

Re: D's Funny Shit I Find in the Regs Official Thread

cosmokramertheassman
Can we use the pain scale chart that hospitals use? Just substitute pain with "uncomfortable."

Re: D's Funny Shit I Find in the Regs Official Thread

Best Answer I Can Give
Uncomfortable with?????

 STAR. What was it about? Weeding out the cheats? Uncomfortable? Hell getting on a floor to test a Volvo. That makes me uncomfortable. The floor is hard. So why do I lose my STAR? Ford Taurus  on the floor.

 Can't stand the smell of raw gas. Makes me "Uncomfortable? Not doing Evap. Should I keep my score?

 This is not about making you the Tech comfortable. This is about, you signed up for a job. If you don't want to do the job say so. BE HONEST ABOUT IT.
 You are not willing to do a complete job just the gravy. Fuck you. You lose your STAR.

 STAR was never about cheaters. It was about doing a complete job that should be done. No FEAR. You signed up to test cars. You bought the Equipment to do all vehicles.
When the BAR came out you said you could do all vehicles. ALL. NOT THE ONES YOU FELL COMFORTABLE DOING.
 Sorry to you that I have not offended. Give me time. I will get to you.

Re: D's Funny Shit I Find in the Regs Official Thread

Johnnybeme
Besta

Never heard such crap. We are not doctors, we have no oath to heal all comers. We have different skill sets and different experience. If I were a consumer I would not want someone working on my car that may not be able to repair it. You are not that good that you can fix it all! I also would not want an inspector that may not be familiar with my older car, so let's force young technicians to test? Get off that high horse cause you may find yourself part of the problem.

Re: D's Funny Shit I Find in the Regs Official Thread

cosmokramertheassman
Damn, Besta. D and I were having a good time joking around. Eat some ice cream, talk a walk, relax.

Re: D's Funny Shit I Find in the Regs Official Thread

Skanga
cosmokramertheassman wrote
So a "0" would be a 2011 or newer hybrid, while a "9-10" would be a decrepit old motorhome that reeks of animal waste and cigarettes.

Re: D's Funny Shit I Find in the Regs Official Thread

defective

Re: D's Funny Shit I Find in the Regs Official Thread

 JM. TRUTH? Give me the old fart any day. Doc Adams, young guy, Kaiser. Went to him, all he saw was high blood pressure.. Dude my knee is killing me. Blinders High Blood pressure.

 Now Dr Pritchard My age. Help out with the pain and then addressed the high Blood pressure. Guess who I see now, and will never go back to.

 I will take old wisdom over young book learned every day.
 Sorry to you that I have not offended. Give me time. I will get to you.

Re: D's Funny Shit I Find in the Regs Official Thread

none
So the young guy wanted to diagnose the problem and see if the joint pain was caused by high blood pressure and the old guy just basically "threw a cat at it" and got paid?

Re: D's Funny Shit I Find in the Regs Official Thread

Truth? You know I can't handle the truth!

You misunderstood my point, let me sum it up. Our job is not as critical as, say, health care? Get it? And for the record us old farts have the real education, the education of experience. Cannot teach that. They do not have a book of mistakes you can make, you just live and learn. But that crap of being honest about things that are clearly choices, come on? Actually part of learning is learning who to work for and who not.

Re: D's Funny Shit I Find in the Regs Official Thread

 Gotta love you guys.

 PAIN WILL CAUSE HIGH BLOOD PRESSURE. Fix the pain, may fix the Blood Pressure.
Yes High blood pressure will cause pain. NOT KNEE PAIN. The knee pain was caused by a torn up knee.

 The old guy looked at the whole problem. Didn't throw a CAT at it hopping the knee pain and High  pressure would go away.

 He saw the pain maybe causing the high.
 Sorry to you that I have not offended. Give me time. I will get to you.

Re: D's Funny Shit I Find in the Regs Official Thread

Skanga
I will take old wisdom over young book learned every day.
Maybe Dr. Pritchard has just been wise his whole life—even in his youth—while Dr. Adams is just naturally mediocre, and will probably be for the rest of his life. It's about individuals, their skill level, and their ability to make the most of their experience, not just age.

If just getting older granted automatic wisdom, there'd be no stupid older people.

Re: D's Funny Shit I Find in the Regs Official Thread

Defective , WHAT the hell? whered you come up with a chart that actually shows a pain in butt-cheek ? Cosmo , that chart is hilarious ! and now that i know i get to choose a comfort level , well i guess 95 Toyo Previas will be under the "makes me cry 10" section

Re: D's Funny Shit I Find in the Regs Official Thread

Skanga, maybe they are getting smarter. Just real STUPID to start with.
 Sorry to you that I have not offended. Give me time. I will get to you.

Re: D's Funny Shit I Find in the Regs Official Thread

BESTA, Please don't take this wrong and I mean this as a friend. If you have knee pain and high blood pressure, How is your weight? If you're like the rest of us and could stand to loose a few pounds I think eating less, eating better, and exercise will help your knee, your blood pressure, your stress, and your memory. You forgot to mention your memory to your doctor didn't you?

I deal with stress, feeling tired, memory issues, and just being cranky. I find that exercise and eating better helps a ton.

Re: D's Funny Shit I Find in the Regs Official Thread

Thick6
thats from one of the best movies ever, Idiocracy

Re: D's Funny Shit I Find in the Regs Official Thread

 None, a FEW? try 150. That would just put me under 200.
None, I'm overweight not FAT. To me there is a difference. FAT your just a slob.

 I have always been BIG. Even when I was 200 in high school. The Knee was a torn meniscus. Now arthritis has set it.

 Hell I'm 62. never been afraid to lift something. I'm surprised I'm as good as I am.
As far as STRESS. I don't get it done, tomorrow is another day. The sun will come up, I will be another day older. If i die and don't see the sun, What Stress. My kids will be another day older. The world will go on. NOW IF THE SUN DOESN'T" COME MAJOR PROBLEMS. And that is something I can do nohing about, so NO STRESS.
 Sorry to you that I have not offended. Give me time. I will get to you.