DAD IMClean not connecting to compter

xcinlb
Anyone else having the issue of DAD IMClean OIS not connecting to the computer? I get an error of either: DAD not connected to computer, move closer is using Bluetooth (I'm not) or this unit will work faster on a USB hub" I tried the box on another computer same thing, we've tested the cable on another computer with another box and it works fine. Support sent me another box, same thing. Any thoughts? BTW, we're using Windows 7 PC's.

Re: DAD IMClean not connecting to compter

Smogtech
check the driver for the DAD.   I some got the message pop up states that, only went i'm using wireless.  uninstalled the dad from control panel, let the windows automatic detect it.

Re: DAD IMClean not connecting to compter

xcinlb
After a week of rangling with drivers , new computer etc. it was the vehicle cable.

Re: DAD IMClean not connecting to compter

scanner
xcinlb wrote
After a week of rangling with drivers , new computer etc. it was the vehicle cable.
The BAR-OIS #4 Dad Diagnosis reported that the cable was fine?

Re: DAD IMClean not connecting to compter

xcinlb
We couldn't run the diagnostic to show that. DAD would not connect to computer. Weird how the vehicle cable messes it all up

Re: DAD IMClean not connecting to compter

Happens all the time if you are on Bluetooth. If you are on the cable, disconnect and reconnect. You might even need a new cable, which DREW slays you on the price.

Re: DAD IMClean not connecting to compter

D Rochells 150861
And they made it a J1962M to DB15F just to make things even more difficult. There's no excuse for price gouging on shitty failure prone cables.

Re: DAD IMClean not connecting to compter

xcinlb
So 3 years later, time to replace the cable. 15 foot cable from Drew Technologies and several smog suppliers price them at $200 FN Dollars! Price gouging for sure. Anyone know of a cheaper source?

Re: DAD IMClean not connecting to compter

Best Answer I Can Give
 He who has the Gold makes the rules.

Re: DAD IMClean not connecting to compter

xcinlb
Got a cable from Scan Net.com for $12. Then ordered a 10 foot extension from Mono Price for $7. We'll see how this works. OEM cable didn't last that long anyway.

In addition to $200 from Drew Tech, they also wanted $37 for shipping! WTF!

Re: DAD IMClean not connecting to compter

Best Answer I Can Give
 Last I knew was the Drew cable is the Drew cable. Translates into suck it up and buy the Drew cable.
Something in the cable that won't let you buy a aftermarket cable.
Personally? Pretty damn smart.

Re: DAD IMClean not connecting to compter

xcinlb
@Besta, “Something in the cable that won't let you buy a aftermarket cable” are you sure of this?

Re: DAD IMClean not connecting to compter

Best Answer I Can Give
 I THINK it was one of the Dave's at Drew who told me. Hell try it cheap one doesn't work buy the Drew.

 Henry Ford said it long ago. "I would give away the car if I was the only one to sell the replacement part's."

 You guys kill me. You have to buy the part from the people who make it. Yet they must come to us because we do smog check.
How much would a check be if you could buy one on every corner?

Re: DAD IMClean not connecting to compter

xcinlb wrote
Got a cable from Scan Net.com for $12. Then ordered a 10 foot extension from Mono Price for $7. We'll see how this works. OEM cable didn't last that long anyway.

In addition to $200 from Drew Tech, they also wanted $37 for shipping! WTF!
these guys carry drew products worth a try and shipping to your shop usually takes about 1-2 days

https://www.emissionsdepot.com/imclean-dad-unit-6ft-usb-cable/

also napa had called me like a year ago to let me know they stock the whole units i believe they had cables too.

https://www.napaonline.com/en/p/BK_3961203?keywordInput=drew+dad

3rd party vendors always have lower prices

Re: DAD IMClean not connecting to compter

...Yet they must come to us because we do smog check. How much would a check be if you could buy one on every corner?
Around here you can.

Re: DAD IMClean not connecting to compter

Best Answer I Can Give
 I was waiting for that come back. Thanks.

Re: DAD IMClean not connecting to compter

BasicTech678 wrote
xcinlb wrote
Got a cable from Scan Net.com for $12. Then ordered a 10 foot extension from Mono Price for $7. We'll see how this works. OEM cable didn't last that long anyway.

In addition to $200 from Drew Tech, they also wanted $37 for shipping! WTF!
these guys carry drew products worth a try and shipping to your shop usually takes about 1-2 days
Isn't this the cable in question and it's about the same price?

https://www.emissionsdepot.com/imclean-15-ft-oem-replacement-obd-cable/

Shipping is half the price though.

Re: DAD IMClean not connecting to compter

xcinlb
Yep same price but saving $37 for shipping. This is why I think most smog shops are giving away their service and with certain expenses as they are profits are going down every year. If you count your inflation then they are foolishly charging below profitability.

Re: DAD IMClean not connecting to compter

none
xcinlb wrote
Where is the LIKE button?

Re: DAD IMClean not connecting to compter

xcinlb
So the cheaper route didn't work. Need to order the expensive one. Anyone order one from Smog Check Supplies? At least they offer free shipping so you save $37. It says it's an OEM cable.