DID A SMOG PASSED BUT NO CERT ISSUED help

DID A SMOG PASSED BUT NO CERT ISSUED help

K20SI
i smogged a 1990 jeep failed first time for emissions the guy came back  after he fixed it and it did pass but the machine never issued a cert because it didnt dail in. i looked it up it says pass but no cert i called bar they told me to redo it so no i have to call the guy back in and do the jeep for the 3rd time.   i also notice that my machine will not dial in or out the  the morning and when i close i talk to couple guys around me and they are telling me the samething but bar is saying he didnt not get any calls off issues like this lately wtf

Re: DID A SMOG PASSED BUT NO CERT ISSUED help

FiendFX
i had that problem too. called spx to come update the modem and all is well.

Re: DID A SMOG PASSED BUT NO CERT ISSUED help

did the VIR show a certificate number??
let us know, thanks

Re: DID A SMOG PASSED BUT NO CERT ISSUED help

K20SI
no it did not show a cert number  just shows 3 passes look it up on the bar web site shows pass with no cert also

i just re did it for the guy and it got cert but i hate doing the same car 3 times lol

Re: DID A SMOG PASSED BUT NO CERT ISSUED help

909Smog
This happened to us too.  The explanation was that the car GP'd initially and for the same station to issue a certificate, the analyzer needed to communicate.  It's how the analyzer is programmed I guess.

Re: DID A SMOG PASSED BUT NO CERT ISSUED help

The same thing happened to me a few years ago on an old mini-van.  I GP'd it, fixed it, and retested it.  The retest had no communication, but the VIR history inside the EIS showed a GP, and the retest passed with no certificate, since the EIS needs dial-in permission for certifying a 'known' GP.  There was a short explanation in the text box on the VIR.  I re-initialized the modem and ran it a third time for the certificate.

barrym95838
EO144107

Re: DID A SMOG PASSED BUT NO CERT ISSUED help

Karupt
I know this sounds like an idiotic question but ... Where is the MODEM located on an ESP? Just in case I run into this very same issue on the ESP.

Re: DID A SMOG PASSED BUT NO CERT ISSUED help

007
Open the sliding door on the right front of the machine, it should be there.

Re: DID A SMOG PASSED BUT NO CERT ISSUED help

K20SI
i did the modem test and it passed its the phone line it has no dial i am trying to get ahold of verizon now