DIDNT GET PAID FOR A SMOG WHAT CAN I DO?

DIDNT GET PAID FOR A SMOG WHAT CAN I DO?

MIGI G
HEY HOW ITS GOING SMOG BRATHAS AND SISTER LOL.....GOT A QUICK QUESTION FOR YOU GUYS....???

HAD A CAR COME IN TO DO A SMOG, GUY PAYS ME WITH A STUPID GROUPOND , I TELL MY BOSS TO STOP DOING THAT BUT HE DOESN'T LISTEN .....I GUESS THE GROUPOND HE GAVE US IS NOT VALID, SO THE HE GOT THE SMOG FOR FREE AND DIDN'T PAY US FOR THE SMOG....I CALLED THE GUY BUT HE DOESNT PICK UP AFTER FIRST TIME OF COURSE.....

IM NOT SURE IF THERE'S ANYTHING ON MY BEHALF TO PULL THE INSPECTION REPORT BACK....AKA VIR/SMOG CERT.........I TOLD MY BOSS ONCE THE CERT GOES THREW IT PRETTY MUCH TO LATE AND SCREWED....AND THERE NOTHING WE CAN DO .....

HE THINKS WE CAN CALL THE DMV AND PULL BACK THERE VIR , BUT I TOLD HIM IT DOESNT WORK LIKE THAT.....SO I TOLD HIM I WOULD POST MY QUESTION ON HERE AND SEE WHAT RESPONSE I GET BACK.....
ANY INFORMATION WOULD HELP.....THANK YOU GUYS FOR READING

Re: DIDNT GET PAID FOR A SMOG WHAT CAN I DO?

D Rochells 150861
Theres nothing you can do about that, but you can redeem the groupon before the smog so it doesn't happen again.

Someone could put a gun to your head and force you to issue a cert, then blow your brains out, and still BAR would not cancel that cert. Why? Douchebags.
זאר
Join the Smog Union!
http://www.smogunion.org/

Click to Donate Now!

Re: DIDNT GET PAID FOR A SMOG WHAT CAN I DO?

Best Answer I Can Give
 How are you paid? Hey Boss I did it pay me. Why do you care. If you get paid and the boss wants to give them away, no problem with you.

Re: DIDNT GET PAID FOR A SMOG WHAT CAN I DO?

If he's not answering his phone, try caller ID spoofing and enter his name.  Works every time.
Loaded for bear, licensed for quail.

Re: DIDNT GET PAID FOR A SMOG WHAT CAN I DO?

INLANDSMOG
1: Stop yelling

Re: DIDNT GET PAID FOR A SMOG WHAT CAN I DO?

Unless you're paid on commission why would you care that the shop did not get paid. In the future verify payment before Return of the vir or keys working in shops in the hood you will learn this lesson very quick

Rite on I thought so.....i care about it because who likes to do a help smog when you have five other cars waiting.....i definitely don't like fraudulent shit going on that's what really pisses me off even if it is or isn't my shop... Nothing is free in life and if you go try and do something like that up anywhere else you'll get busted... So why should you start letting people do it to smog shops..... Plus I get a bonus for how many cars I do at the end of the month.... So it does affect me if I don't do as many cars as I can and charge everyone a fair price.... because our shop has reasonable prices.......but thank you for everyone for your time and advice..... but at the end I called the customer he didn't pick up but I left a message and I do know a couple cops and they told me I can file a police report for them doing fraudulent stuff like that... So I left a voicemail telling them if you didn't pay me back in 5 business days I was going to file police report against him and I was just gonna give them all his information... 20 minutes later he called me with a credit card LOL..... But from now on I'm verifying everything..... And if you could have asked me that he didn't have much money I would have gave him a smog for 10 bucks.... I'm not a hard-ass I do help people when they're in need... But all they got to do is ask...and. Not trying to get me look make me look like an idiot

Re: DIDNT GET PAID FOR A SMOG WHAT CAN I DO?

D Rochells 150861
Everyone needs a smog so you are gonna meet every kind of person. When the shitty ones come in it just means someone turned the difficulty level up that day.
זאר
Join the Smog Union!
http://www.smogunion.org/

Click to Donate Now!

Re: DIDNT GET PAID FOR A SMOG WHAT CAN I DO?

D wrote
Everyone needs a smog...
... except for the annoying jerks who are constantly pushing their bicycles up to mooch our air.  I've warned them several times that our air pressure is very high, but they still explode tires at a rate of about once per month.  I congratulated one guy for being our 10,000th free air customer, but he didn't seem to get the joke.

D wrote
When the shitty ones come in it just means someone turned the difficulty level up that day.
I don't find them to be especially difficult, just annoying, because they take longer.  Even the OISs have a high percentage of after-market cats in my area, but the 95 and olders have an annoying tendency to show up right before a couple of "gravy" OIS vehicles, and there's nothing I can do about it, because I don't want to rush through and miss something important again.

Re: DIDNT GET PAID FOR A SMOG WHAT CAN I DO?

MIGi G , I understand where you are coming from .It happens to the best of us . The way I see it , if my boss does well , he will pay me well and everyone is happy . But when an arsehole comes in and basically gets away without paying ,  I do worry cause I dont want my boss to think I was 1. in on it .2 .pocketed the money 3.a dumb doofus that can't run his shop .Now , I hold keys till i get payed .
   Good that you got payed afterall !

Re: DIDNT GET PAID FOR A SMOG WHAT CAN I DO?

MIGI G wrote

people do make honest mistakes its hard to judge someone just based on what your telling us. if he was truly gonna rip you off he could of in many ways, fake phone number, if its a new owner and you go based off the registration you dont even know if its the registered owner or previous owner. how many of us are actually asking for ids to write the RO? its very time consuming. groupons are shitty for our type of business
if its like the yelp style coupons, ex $100 for $75 coupon yelp basically makes $30 off your $75 you keep $45  but lost 55. the only winner is yelp. back to my point is it could of been a simple error, your service writer or whoever runs the register should know which coupons are valid and how to properly apply them. customers will try to use expired coupons, why not its your job to verify which do and dont work. now you have threaten someone with a voicemail which they can post on yelp and if it was slightly in a pushy tone you will lose more than that one customer who got away. you did everything write but i personally think you went overboard threatening with the cops.

Re: DIDNT GET PAID FOR A SMOG WHAT CAN I DO?

MIGI G
I don't think i went overboard who likes to get ripped off nobody.... Even if it's not your business people who still work there don't like to get ripped off.... And I called and spoke to them nicely and I kept calling and it just never got back to me.... obviously he was trying to avoid me.... And for those stupid Groupons if you don't redeem right away they can actually return them and you don't get credit for doing the smog..... It's like almost purchasing something with your debit card got the product and called your credit card or debit card company and told him you didn't make that purchase...... So what the card company does, they give  you a refund and they dont give that merchant the money you should have paid for that product..... that's why they have 3 days of processing so they can do that if they need to... I know I cannot make a big deal abd just let it go away but if I don't do anything about it people just keep doing it... That's not okay.... Because if he was being honest he would have told me i made a mistake and pay me with the first phone call and I did explain to him nicely to all I said after that let me call you back and never did ....not 4 calls later and  instead of trying to avoid.... and I do check IDs and write all there info on  the work order and ask for a valid number....

but now I found a new way to redeem them right away... So this doesn't happen again... But everyone has their own point of view... but I appreciate the response back tho thank u

Re: DIDNT GET PAID FOR A SMOG WHAT CAN I DO?

BasicTech678
get rid of groupon use yelp CHECK IN offers, they are free! fuck yelp they want money we work hard for to sit back and turn a profit there paid ads are a joke, you can pay to be on top of your competitions when they search for them, but you can also PAY to block them from appearing on top of you when they look you up. its just a money grab. but the check in offer is a one time use and yelp dont get shit out of it. you can offer a FREE Certificate, people love it. i offer 5 dollars off to new customers and 10 off for students with a student id. and YELP GET ZERO from me they call me over and over with coupon offers that benefit them. Also once the offer is redeemed it goes away and cant be reused.  give it a try