DMV at your local Grocery store.

Best Answer I Can Give
 News this AM. They are going to put the Kiosk that lets you do your DMV tags at the local store.

Re: DMV at your local Grocery store.

Able
 dam I hope that won't spread. Auto registration services will take a hard hit.

Re: DMV at your local Grocery store.

smwalker
Had a customer try it.  He went and paid at the kiosk.  Needed a smog did not do it yet, still let him paid then printed him out a plate tag that said VOID.  Got a smog test, no further steps needed tags mailed once smog transmitted to DMV.

So I imagine if he paid and did not need a smog it would have printed out is plate tags there and then. I was wondering how they were going to handle stocking up machine with tags but I guess they put the printer right in there.

Re: DMV at your local Grocery store.

Best Answer I Can Give
 We are just down the street from the DMV. Still get A LOT of people that HATE the DMV.

 The problem with the Kiosk is it doesn't refresh till after 5. How long will the manager of a store put up with, WHAT DO YOU MEAN I HAVE TO WAIT. Plus all of the other BS because they just won't listen.

Re: DMV at your local Grocery store.

Smogtech
Kiosk /
DMV
Smog Test
Supermarket
Banks.

Re: DMV at your local Grocery store.

Super Star
I would appreciate it if, the next time you have a post of such magnitude, you provide us with the link. It turns out these kiosks provide nothing more than simple registration renewals, nothing more. Not even change of address. This will probably have no impact to business.

Re: DMV at your local Grocery store.

Best Answer I Can Give
 I think they will find out it's a FLOP. To much hassle for all involved.