DMV service

SMOGSHOP
Does anyone know how to go about providing DMV services and how much can you charge extrawhats the min. And max up charge is it hard to start? Please help me with any info u can provide?

Re: DMV service

Peter
Google it my friend. You better find out yourself. I can trained you in SD area for a fee.

Re: DMV service

http://stop-the-star-program.3084.x6.nabble.com/Registration-service-again-td5054912.html#a5054918
Try the search function and you will find plenty of posts about this.

Re: DMV service

Best Answer I Can Give
Where you at? Talk to AVRS

Re: DMV service

Smogtech
likes AVRS.  Charge any amount you like.  Check around your area for pricing.

Re: DMV service

kaviteno
Peter where you at in SD? I'm interested in learning how to do this DMV service.

Ron

Re: DMV service

Best Answer I Can Give
 Hell I will tell you for free. Well maybe a cheap dinner.

Re: DMV service

Able
SMOGSHOP wrote
Does anyone know how to go about providing DMV services and how much can you charge extrawhats the min. And max up charge is it hard to start? Please help me with any info u can provide?

Its a lot of work to get started. Its a whole other business and that comes with overhead, bills, permits, bonds, paperwork, weekly trips to the post office, inventory, audits.....

But there's lots of money to be made in it as well.

companies that can help you are

samba, dealertrack and AVRS.

Re: DMV service

805smogtech
its not worth the headache. too much can go wrong, too many dmv laws, regs and forms to have to know about, blah blah blah. i tell them all to go to aaa. much easier.

Re: DMV service

kaviteno
Hell I will tell you for free. Well maybe a cheap dinner.
If your in SD area I'll take you up on that.

samba, dealertrack and AVRS.
I was just thinking of adding it to our shop.I already know about paperwork and Bonds and stuff needed to start. Just don't know the actual process of doing it. I'll try calling those companies. Thanks

Re: DMV service

Best Answer I Can Give
 North and west of LA. Sorry.
STAY AWAY from Dealertrack. Worthless.

Re: DMV service

kaviteno
Best Answer I Can Give wrote
North and west of LA. Sorry.
STAY AWAY from Dealertrack. Worthless.
Thanks for the dealertack heads up.

Re: DMV service

North and west of LA. Sorry.
STAY AWAY from Dealertrack. Worthless.
I'll second that emotion!  They'd be not so bad if it weren't for the lack of training and reference resources.
Charity begins at work

Re: DMV service

eaglealum
Who is the best provider? Samba seems decent.

Do they all charge the same fees?

Re: DMV service

Able
Samba is decent too, a buddy of mine uses them.

fees are flat rate, so its $0.50 more for certain transactions.

I am using dealertrack, so far so good.

Re: DMV service

Jones
Stay away from DMV service. It's not beneficial. Vons Ralphs food 4 less etc have kiosks. dmv is doing much better. They open at 7am. You can't make any money. Just lots of paperwork.
TimeOut

Re: DMV service

805smogtech
I wonder if instead of all that paperwork/headache, how much would it be to get a kiosk installed in the waiting room? you smog it, they put in money and registration and it spits out tags. boom. easy. right??

just send them to aaa lol

Re: DMV service

SoCalSmogGuy
Jones wrote
Stay away from DMV service. It's not beneficial. Vons Ralphs food 4 less etc have kiosks. dmv is doing much better. They open at 7am. You can't make any money. Just lots of paperwork.
I have to disagree. We are a reg service offering BPA, record look up, and VIN Inspection. It's all about your execution. AAA is across the street from me and some AAA members prefer to process thru me and pay my fee because they say the line at AAA is too long or they say "I'm already here, might as well do it"

In business you get back what you put in. Reg service is a great way to bring in extra profit for a very minimal investment of time and money.

If I process a reg for a client I go the extra mile and scrape off their old tag and install the new tag for them. We are asking the client to pay a service fee, I show them the value of getting it done with me. I know have clients who come just for reg even when they don't need smog. Not to mention I introduced myself to the local car dealers and I now process dealer sales for 5 local dealerships.
Work Smarter AND Harder

Re: DMV service

Able
SoCalSmogGuy wrote
Jones wrote
[...]

Very Nicely said, must be a higher income neighborhood, when I offer/pitch my dmv service, customers usually ask if there's a fee. I explain it to them and only a very small percentage of customer use the service because they don't want to pay for the EXTRA fee on top.

Or

they'll tell me they get it from AAA. Typically, customers who are LATE for their tags are WAY more willing to do it because they don't want to risk being pulled over or towed while waiting 2 weeks for tags to be mailed home.

Also, my fee's are $40 bucks for renewal and $30 if they smog with me. I charge $50 for lost/stolen tags.

Look at your customer base and determine if its a good fit. Currently, I noticed that people with $$$ and people WITHOUT money uses the service. Its the middle working class that tries to save as much as possible can rarely uses it.

GOOD LUCK!