Day After Thanksgiving

xcinlb
So will it be worth opening the day after Thanksgiving? Black Friday? I'm inclined to be open, if really slow, close an hour or two early.
iha

Re: Day After Thanksgiving

iha
2014 Black Friday the shop did 14. Previous years 5 to 7. It's like rolling the dice!

Re: Day After Thanksgiving

Yep, I will be working Friday and Saturday.

Re: Day After Thanksgiving

cosmokramertheassman
I've tried opening on Black Friday a few times. I can remember doing maybe 3 cars on that day one year, only 1 car another year. All the while my family was at home enjoying time together, eating leftovers. I think it's safe to say, in my area anyway, it's not worth opening.

Re: Day After Thanksgiving

bizarsmog
  my experience is about black Friday open late around 11;00 to 4;00 . last year we did test 12 cars but Saturday slower than Friday  we did test 9 cars also Sunday open 11;00 - 3;00 pm test 11 cars last year

Re: Day After Thanksgiving

cosmokramertheassman
If I had that kind of volume on Black Friday (or during regular days even) I'd definitely be coming in. What area do you work in, bizar?

Re: Day After Thanksgiving

last year we worked the day after Thanksgiving and it just kills the holiday , it wasn't worth it neither .How can One enjoy Thanksgiving when they keep thinking about work tomorrow ? YOU might as well work both days .the whole weekend in fact

Re: Day After Thanksgiving

xcinlb wrote
So will it be worth opening the day after Thanksgiving? Black Friday? I'm inclined to be open, if really slow, close an hour or two early.
I don't know if it would be worth it to you, but it wouldn't be for me.  My oldest son is 26 years old.   That's how long I haven't worked on a Saturday.   I don't work any holidays either.   Life is too short to not to spend time with your family and friends when the opportunity arises.

I have to admit, I do spend a few hours Saturday morning doing my weekly paperwork for the shop.  I didn't want to be to my sons "the guy who goes to church with us Sunday mornings."  Yeah, the kids are grown, but I have no desire to work on weekends anymore.

Re: Day After Thanksgiving

I have a choice. Go to work and make money or go shopping and spend money............................

Easy pick! Charge more especially on friday!

Re: Day After Thanksgiving

bizarsmog
San francisco

Re: Day After Thanksgiving

Best Answer I Can Give
 A day cost you MONEY. Rent is 24\7\365.
Every day you take off cost you money.
YES, I WOULD LIKE A DAY OFF

 John is right, either you make money or spend money.

 Now if I can make a dent in the "Cost" of that day we will work. Only if I think people will show up.
Some of my best days have been the Friday after. So yes we will be open, and I will be here Fri. and Sat.

 We only close 6 days a year.

Re: Day After Thanksgiving

cosmokramertheassman
I guess it comes down to money vs life. I ain't dying with money in my pocket, so I choose to live my life. Haha

Re: Day After Thanksgiving

Johnnybeme wrote
I have a choice. Go to work and make money or go shopping and spend money............................

Easy pick! Charge more especially on friday!

JM
  bahahahhah , I would rather spend money BUT not on Black Friday .Sometimes its ok to reap the fruits of your labor

Re: Day After Thanksgiving

I'm with COSMO, There is more to life than work and counting your money.

I will be loading up the toys and heading to Nevada for four days of camping, riding, and hanging out with family and friends. This kind of stuff is WHY I work hard.

Re: Day After Thanksgiving

909Wrench
How about a Black Friday smog sale?...All Smogs for $9.99

Re: Day After Thanksgiving

Re: Day After Thanksgiving

locopoco
It ain't worth for me but I just open cause I hate shopping.

Re: Day After Thanksgiving

xcinlb
We decided to be open Black Friday. Like was mentioned, rent never stops. Last few years we did our daily average on Black Friday, so if we would be closed, the customer would go to another shop.

Re: Day After Thanksgiving

cosmokramertheassman
I won't be shopping on Black Friday. At least not in store. And I agree with none, work hard during the year so the holidays can be enjoyed. If I miss a customer or two that day, and they go down the street, so be it. I'll be happy at home actually living my life for a few days with my wife and kids.

Re: Day After Thanksgiving

Midnightdrummer
I will be loading up the toys and heading to Nevada for four days of camping, riding, and hanging out with family and friends
I envy you! We went to Ocotillo last Sunday and I'm craving a four day weekend to camp and ride.