Dealer CAT only

No One
Been getting a lot of hondas with non SULEV CATS on them. The other day i had one come in where the guy ripped off the SULEV tag with the label on still. The CAT was clearly changed, but the original cat shields were welded on. They could have fooled me had it not been a freshly installed CAT. The customer was pissed saying that the muffler shop charged him $460 for the CAT and felt swindled some how as if he wasn't in on it. I didn't take pictures, but should have.

Re: Dealer CAT only

none
SULEV has a 15 year 150,000 mile warranty I believe. It may still be covered.

Re: Dealer CAT only

SULEV has a 15 year 150,000 mile warranty I believe. It may still be covered.
well if he comes back ill inform him since the car did have less than 150k miles

Re: Dealer CAT only

defective
Was it SULEV?  I thought it was for PZEV only?  Maybe Im wrong...

Re: Dealer CAT only

none
defective wrote
Was it SULEV?  I thought it was for PZEV only?  Maybe Im wrong...
You could be right. I thought that SULEV HONDAS after 2005 had 15/150K but now I can't find anything about that.

Re: Dealer CAT only

probably still under warranty

On Thu, Nov 12, 2020 at 3:34 PM No One [via Stop The Star Program] <[hidden email]> wrote:
Been getting a lot of hondas with non SULEV CATS on them. The other day i had one come in where the guy ripped off the SULEV tag with the label on still. The CAT was clearly changed, but the original cat shields were welded on. They could have fooled me had it not been a freshly installed CAT. The customer was pissed saying that the muffler shop charged him $460 for the CAT and felt swindled some how as if he wasn't in on it. I didn't take pictures, but should have.

http://stop-the-star-program.3084.x6.nabble.com/Dealer-CAT-only-tp5082551.html

Kevin Casillas

Re: Dealer CAT only

defective wrote
Was it SULEV?  I thought it was for PZEV only?  Maybe Im wrong...
I'm sure it's PZEV only.   All PZEVs are SULEVs, but not all SULEVs are PZEVs.    I believe the difference is the type of EVAP system on the vehicle.

Here's the warranty info from the CARB site.

https://ww2.arb.ca.gov/resources/fact-sheets/california-vehicle-and-emissions-warranty-periods

Re: Dealer CAT only

dcf1ver
defective wrote
Was it SULEV?  I thought it was for PZEV only?  Maybe Im wrong...
You could be right. I thought that SULEV HONDAS after 2005 had 15/150K but now I can't find anything about that.
Im pretty sure SULEV had a 15/150 as well.

I think with the advent of PZEV that changed. Prior to PZEV, SULEV was the cleanest category there was.

Re: Dealer CAT only

scanner wrote
I'm sure it's PZEV only.   All PZEVs are SULEVs, but not all SULEVs are PZEVs.    I believe the difference is the type of EVAP system on the vehicle.

Here's the Emission Label from a 2007 Prius which states its a SULEV.

If you look at the vehicle EO, it shows it was given PZEV status at the bottom of the document.  It gets the 15/150 warranty.

https://ww2.arb.ca.gov/sites/default/files/classic//msprog/onroad/cert/pcldtmdv/2007/toyota_pc_a0140560_1d5_pz_hevge.pdf

Here's the Emission Label from a 2011 Lexus which states it's a SULEV.

The EO shows it's a SULEV, but it's not given PZEV status

https://ww2.arb.ca.gov/sites/default/files/classic//msprog/onroad/cert/pcldtmdv/2011/toyota_pc_a0140713_2d4_s2_hevge.pdf