Dealers

Evaponly818

Re: Dealers

Best Answer I Can Give
 A Dealer can only charge $50 for the Smog. My price to them $49.00
We do better than $2000 a month with dealers. 99.9999% OIS

Re: Dealers

Ser Dan
Personally I charge dealers and mechanics our shop's coupon price.
keeps them happy and bringing us cars regularly
BUT
I discontinued business with some shady mechanics and dealers in my area. only doing business with the honest ones
had to weed them out

Re: Dealers

I give dealers a small discount too but they aren't going to you because of price. I'm sure it's because you know what you are doing and they want less headaches. I've had the guys tell me that they don't want someone who passes stuff that shouldn't because it will be a problem for them before long.

I also like doing dealer cars because I don't really have to explain anything. They give me the keys and I bill it all out at the end. I prefer when they drop them off and I just text them when it's done so I can use them to fill in the slow times through the day.

I do smogs for a lot of local dealers, new and used, but I have run off a few used car dealers that were shady too. I only do monthly billing for one account and he always comes to square up at the end of the month and he's about 25 smogs/month.

Re: Dealers

smog frogposter
Be weary of who you conduct business with, we have worked with an individual that is a "self made" dealer by buying cars off auctions, and just recently we got a call from an investigator wanting names of the parties that performed a smog inspection at our location due to discrepancies from a vehicle's odometer. Apparently the person we have given a good deal if they bring over their cars from their used car lot for a smog is under suspicion for fraudulent activity by tampering with a vehicle's mileage. Our mistake was that we allowed them to remain anonymous and not provide any contact information, they've always paid cash only and now it all makes sense.

Re: Dealers

Best Answer I Can Give
 Best part? THEY ARE NOT A UC.

Re: Dealers

Evaponly818

Re: Dealers

Best Answer I Can Give
 I will ask.

Re: Dealers

Evaponly818 wrote
Best Answer I Can Give wrote
A Dealer can only charge $50 for the Smog. My price to them $49.00
We do better than $2000 a month with dealers. 99.9999% OIS
So they can possibly be taking a chunk of my pay by using my good discount and billing it to the customer at $50?
You sure 50$ is max what they can charge? I’ve heard dealers charging well over 100$ for their OIS inspections.
Isn't subletting at a profit against the law for dealers? Correct me if I'm wrong.

Re: Dealers

Best Answer I Can Give
 Not if you are doing the "Used Cars"

Re: Dealers

I liked the real new car dealers. Almost all legit.
The used car bottom feeders I'd throw out as soon as they'd come in and open their mouths on how they are the  the biggest, best, etc bullshit. All their cars had issues.
Only advice is to not let the 30 day ones turn into "longer".
They'll go under an F you with the rest.

Re: Dealers

xcinlb
Dealers pay the same as everyone else, its up to them to find our best coupon. If they were a good customer we might give them a bit more off, but we don't really have many close by dealers. Toyota dealer is the closest, and they have a sing up that states a ridiculous amount for a smog test, around $200! They probably don't want to be in the smog business.

Re: Dealers

805smogtech
Really depends on the shop you work in. Shop i'm at now, everybody gets the same coupon price of $10 off. No other discounts what-so-ever.

Another shop I worked at for a few years had multiple dealer accounts with multiple different prices based off of how many cars the dealer brought a week on average. Those ones i'd just write up name and get a signature, and once the smog was done, give the RO to the shop owner and let the customer drive off.  They all would saddle up at the end of the month. Also did a lot of smogs for other shops that brought us a lot of work the same way. One brought all VW, one brought all cheap beaters, one was a used car dealer and brought mostly older stuff of all makes and models, one was an upholsterer that brought a little of everything,   body shop around the corner brought mostly stuff that had been wrecked for smog and alignment etc...