Delphi Evap

Modified
Hey guys,  does anyone know where I can find a battery for the Delphi evap machine?  Mine decided to take a crap after I forgot to plug it in the outlet.  Usually it would turn back on after it is plugged in but this time (even after two days of charging) it just crapped out.  Thanks for any input.

Re: Delphi Evap

Able
Modified wrote
Hey guys,  does anyone know where I can find a battery for the Delphi evap machine?  Mine decided to take a crap after I forgot to plug it in the outlet.  Usually it would turn back on after it is plugged in but this time (even after two days of charging) it just crapped out.  Thanks for any input.
Buy a new battery
http://www.vbpowerbattery.com/product/119-vb--li-ion-18650-7-4v-2200-mah-for-delphi-evap-2010-18650-c9c0/
http://www.vbpowerbattery.com/product/119-vb--li-ion-18650-7-4v-2200-mah-for-delphi-evap-2010-18650-c9c0/

or fix it

http://stop-the-star-program.3084.x6.nabble.com/Useful-Info-regarding-the-turd-delphi-and-Gen-3-td5066183.html

Re: Delphi Evap

Modified
Thanks for the info, but I cannot seem to find the checkout for the site for the new battery.

Re: Delphi Evap

Able

Re: Delphi Evap

Evil Morty
how do you guys take apart the delphi i removed all screws except for the middle hole
This seems like a good time for a drink and a cold, calculated speech with sinister overtones.

Re: Delphi Evap

Able
Evil Morty wrote
how do you guys take apart the delphi i removed all screws except for the middle hole
They are one way screws

Here's a quick look at some of the tools available to remove them. At least they are cheap.

https://www.amazon.com/s?k=one+way+screw+removal+tool&crid=3V1P2CDA0GDTA&sprefix=one+way+screw%2Caps%2C328&ref=nb_sb_ss_i_1_13

Re: Delphi Evap

WealdstoneRaider
Morty if you don't care you can do it brute style and drill it.
want sm'ting I'll give it to ya

Re: Delphi Evap

Modified
I used a flathead and pushed hard on one side while turning.  It was a bitch but managed to take it off after a few minutes.  I ordered a 7.4v lithium battery and installed it but the damn thing did not start.  I think the motherboard took a crap. Luckily, I was able to buy a same unit from a friend.