Derp question-streamlight diagnosis

Lose weight
Purchased a new stinger a few months ago, now it discharges withing 2 days, when normally I use to charge it once a week. Thinking battery? I suppose I can wait for the tool truck who sold it to me to check it out for me, but if it just needs a new battery I can buy one much cheaper online than from him.
iha

Re: Derp question-streamlight diagnosis

iha
It is always nice to have a spare battery! I keep two stream-lights and a spare battery!

Re: Derp question-streamlight diagnosis

hello
I imagine it to be warrantable if it's within 90 days or so.

Re: Derp question-streamlight diagnosis

Battery can get messed up if you run them completely down. The tool truck guys charge way too much. Green batteries can be had for $14-20, original no knockoff. Get the grey fast charger too, $21.

http://streamlight.com/resources/learning/frequently-asked-questions?_ga=2.204702546.35610887.1509222158-1814107699.1509222158

"Research has shown that the "memory effect" is a rare phenomenon and is almost nonexistent in high-drain applications such as flashlights.

Some tips to help prolong the life of NiCd batteries:

The light should be returned to the charger when it is not in use
It should never be run until the battery is completely exhausted
Return the flashlight to the charger when it begins to dim"
זאר
Join the Smog Union!
http://www.smogunion.org/

Click to Donate Now!

Re: Derp question-streamlight diagnosis

hello wrote
I imagine it to be warrantable if it's within 90 days or so.
He doesn't warranty the battery unfortunately. Thru him it's 45 plus tax and on ebay I can buy an  oem one for 25 free shipping.

Re: Derp question-streamlight diagnosis

D Rochells 150861
Stop dealing with that rip off artist, talk to streamlight.
זאר
Join the Smog Union!
http://www.smogunion.org/

Click to Donate Now!

Re: Derp question-streamlight diagnosis

I bought two of these replacement batteries almost two years ago and they still work good.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/2500mAh-6V-Ni-CD-Battery-for-Streamlight-20170-20X1701-9032-SL20-SL20S-SL20X-US-/132193955753

Re: Derp question-streamlight diagnosis

Smogtech
Snap on tools truck guys alway do it for me 1 year warranty battery and led/bulb lifetime sw and lite itself.