Did anybody get trial offer for new DAD?

Did anybody get trial offer for new DAD?

yalo
Did anybody get a trial offer for new DAD reader? Any info about pricing? We got a letter from Drew Technologies today. Did anybody ever worked with their equipment? Thx

Re: Did anybody get trial offer for new DAD?

007
Got the same ad, never heard of them. I prefer to stay with ESP a proven winner with both there smog machine and evap machine have both been work horses, will not be trying anything new companies anytime soon.

Re: Did anybody get trial offer for new DAD?

kfworry
ESP was NOT one of the vendors to meet the BAR deadline of Aug. 15, 2013 for submission
of their version of DAD for Alfa testing in the BAR Lab.
ONLY AFTER Alfa testing is complete, will the vendors be able to do Beta testing
in smog check stations that apply with a vendor to do Beta testing "in house".
ALL this information is available on BAR's website.
I might ask ESP "why" they did not submit a version of their DAD for
Alfa testing.
I believe I am safe to say most smog shops got the flier from Drew Technologies for their DAD.
Why not give it a try?? We'll never know unless we "test drive it".

Re: Did anybody get trial offer for new DAD?

Smgmstr
Yeah just this morning,  nah ill wait till esp comes out with something. Also the less people beta test it the longer , I assume , it would take to implement this crap. I also dont like the idea of.having more shit monitoring or affecting my.score.

Re: Did anybody get trial offer for new DAD?

kfworry
I do not want to see DAD myself!
I've seen a lot of emissions failures without a MIL "on".

Re: Did anybody get trial offer for new DAD?

Ryan
Too bad, ESP is gone . They lost California market to other vendors .

Re: Did anybody get trial offer for new DAD?

007
I heard esp is on the list, esp is owned by another company and are marketing there product under a different name, which one of the four on the list I am not sure. Intend on finding out before making an decissions.

Re: Did anybody get trial offer for new DAD?

007
ESP, will be in the market, they are working with Bosch and Bosch will be building the unit and ESP will be working with them and will be bring a product to the market place through Bosch.

Re: Did anybody get trial offer for new DAD?

Karupt
  If i am going to  be a lab rat and test anybodys equipment they better pay first , i will charge them 250.00 dollars per test (price we pay esp per service call) Also I will refuse to use their equipment three days a week , just random days they have to guess what days i will work for them and use their DAD crap. I say we all do the same cause you know its gonna happen to us sooner or later .

Re: Did anybody get trial offer for new DAD?

timer
That is the best idea I have heard in a while!
Total new guy

Re: Did anybody get trial offer for new DAD?

Ryan
007 , for BETA testing on the DAD this coming November , ESP is gone. They lost the game.

Re: Did anybody get trial offer for new DAD?

ESP REP
FYI ESP has partnered with Bosch to have them build their DAD'S. WE have 9500 in New York at this time. Nobody else can come close to our experience and track record.

Re: Did anybody get trial offer for new DAD?

Mark
What is the average price of a DAD smog in NY?

Re: Did anybody get trial offer for new DAD?

Jones
Mr ESP Rep:
(FYI ESP has partnered with Bosch to have them build their DAD'S. WE have 9500 in New York at this time. Nobody else can come close to our experience and track record.)

FYI in California ESP has partnered with OPUS INSPECTION  for DAD program, please visit http://www.esp-global.com/
TimeOut

Re: Did anybody get trial offer for new DAD?

ESP REP
Actually Opus owns ESP. for the record

Re: Did anybody get trial offer for new DAD?

kfworry
I attended a demo of the Drew Technology DAD device last night in Concord.
They do not know if the DAD will identify the VIN in the "back round",
to catch and/or prevent "clean plugging".
That's a software issue only the CA State BAR reps have knowledge of.

Of course it will identify vin , they just don't want us to know, how else are they going to identify vehicle being tested ? They don't want us to know this so they can catch the cheaters right off the top. Easy money for BAR.
WEP

Re: Did anybody get trial offer for new DAD?

WEP
Beta testing will start in the Sacramento area around the 1st of 2nd week of December.

Re: Did anybody get trial offer for new DAD?

justa
Banned User

Re: Did anybody get trial offer for new DAD?

kfworry
I specifically asked the Drew Technology rep if the DAD OBD II plug-in can
"read the VIN". He said that is only known by the CA BAR.
He also stated the CA BAR writes the Software, NOT Drew Technology.
12