Diesel Citation

DeadTheSTAR
BAR rep came to the shop to hand me my citation....kinda like a slap on the hand and dont do it again. Named it an abatement/citation. wont need to go to class or pay a fine and as far as the shop goes he said it may be decertified it may not but still goes on my record. either way i appealed already and we will wait to see what happens.

Re: Diesel Citation

FiendFX
You don't need to pay a fine NOR go to class? As for decertification, I don't think you will lose STAR.

Re: Diesel Citation

Karupt
no fine or class ? but goes on your record for testing a diesel on ASM like we all used to for Sooooo many years !? 8 years to be exact ! YOU would think BAR would just give a phone call instead of wasting public gas money to drive to your shop to hand you an abatement citation . OH but wait they have to justify their existence just like the EPA . speaking of which I wonder how much the EPA will FINE THEMSELVES  and how many classes they will assign themselves to take for dumping all that toxic waste into a beautiful river that turned it orange ?!

Re: Diesel Citation

FiendFX
I wonder if you ask the BAR people, what's the difference between testing a DIESEL on BAR OIS vs BAR97? I don't think they can answer that question because their IS NO DIFFERENCE!!!

Re: Diesel Citation

Karupt
Fiend, you got a huge point ! the BAR doesn't care tho , they won't even give anyone a grace period to transition .  But really what is the difference ? everything is the same especially for those that don't bypass the obdtwo . exact same test different machine .

Re: Diesel Citation

DeadTheSTAR
FiendFX wrote
You don't need to pay a fine NOR go to class? As for decertification, I don't think you will lose STAR.

Yup NO class or have to pay a fine. BAR rep told me that

Re: Diesel Citation

DeadTheSTAR
Karupt wrote
Fiend, you got a huge point ! the BAR doesn't care tho , they won't even give anyone a grace period to transition .  But really what is the difference ? everything is the same especially for those that don't bypass the obdtwo . exact same test different machine .

I heard that when the OIS program started back in March we were going to get a 6 month grace period to get familiar with the program, fix any bugs,and ask questions to BAR as far as testing procedures go. They didnt give us that and they sent out the Diesel Bar blast sometime in January way before the hard start date.

Re: Diesel Citation

justa
Banned User

Re: Diesel Citation

Re: Diesel Citation

007
Since you are doing DMV services can you search the plate number and find out who it is registered to?

Re: Diesel Citation

Smogtech
I have the answer for this one, yes you can but it not free.
iha

Re: Diesel Citation

iha
D wrote:

"I would have failed that 2001 Audi the other day with the missing EVAP monitor, the OIS passed it."

Why, I must have missed a previous post.

Re: Diesel Citation

What would the cost be?