Diesel Related Questions

Re: Aneroid Compensator

Midnightdrummer
Why don't we make stickies on the forum with this type of information? I can imagine this information would help a lot of techs out (I am one of them)

Re: Aneroid Compensator

FiendFX
Ask Sir Barry.

Re: Aneroid Compensator

Midnightdrummer
FiendFX wrote
Ask Sir Barry.
Im sure he'll come across this when hes not makin' money. But I think some sort of sticky/FAQ thing would be very helpful. Especially on topics like this where 90% of techs aren't certain on the material.

Re: NOx Adsorber

Is it just me or do the NAC and DPF look like one and the same ??

Re: Aneroid Compensator

Midnightdrummer wrote
Why don't we make stickies on the forum with this type of information?
I'll try to pin this topic right now, and see how it goes.  If you guys have any other requests like this, I'll try to accommodate, as long as it doesn't lead to a bunch of arguing.

barrym95838
EO144107

Re: NOx Adsorber

The NOx absorber is usually before the DPF, from what I've seen soo far. But near the back of the Motor ECS book under diesels, there are some picture lay out of the cats for diesels. Hope that helps. I'm a newbie myself also, trying and willing to learn.

Re: Aneroid Compensator

Just the Facts

Re: NOx Adsorber

Just the Facts

Re: Aneroid Compensator

Just the Facts

Re: Aneroid Compensator

FiendFX
Just the Facts,

I was referring this to the Smog Reference Guide, it states DEF requires EO number. I don't know why?

Re: Aneroid Compensator

Just the Facts,

So far, I know that Ford trucks and Jetta and Passats has Aneroid Compensator.

Do you know any other vehicles that has Aneroid C? Tips on spotting Aneroid Compensator?

Thanks

Re: Aneroid Compensator

Just the Facts

Re: Aneroid Compensator

Just the Facts

Re: Aneroid Compensator

Just the Facts

Re: Aneroid Compensator

Just the facts wrote
...  Is this really the right topic for it?  I mean, this is a thread on diesel cat types.  The aneroid compensator is a fuel control device.  Just saying...
I agree, and have a request for FiendFX, since he's the only one who can do this easily.

FiendFX, please go to your first post, the one that started this thread.  Click "More", then "Edit", then change the Subject field from "Diesel CAT Types" to something like "Diesel inspection FAQs".

I would try to edit it for you, but it's against my policy, and probably beyond my limited administrator skills.

EO144107

Re: Aneroid Compensator

FiendFX
Should I adjust the title to Diesel Questions instead? Because it's better to keep it in one thread. Agree?
Joe

Re: Aneroid Compensator

Joe
Just got a 1989 Toyota Land Cruiser Diesel. Right hand drive. Gray Market Car.
If this is exempt from smog does the referee still have to look at this vehicle.

Re: Aneroid Compensator

scanner
Joe wrote
Just got a 1989 Toyota Land Cruiser Diesel. Right hand drive. Gray Market Car.
If this is exempt from smog does the referee still have to look at this vehicle.
Initial registration?    Otherwise.

https://www.dmv.ca.gov/vr/smogfaq.htm

Does my vehicle qualify for a smog exemption?

Smog inspections are required unless your vehicle is:

    Hybrid
    Gasoline powered 1975 year model or older

Diesel powered 1997 year model and older or with a Gross Vehicle Weight rating (GVWR) of more than 14,000 lbs

    Electric
    Natural gas powered with a GVWR rating of more than 14,000 lbs.
    Motorcycle
    Trailer

Re: Aneroid Compensator

Just the Facts

Re: Aneroid Compensator

Just the facts wrote
... So... Are you guys about ready to start tackling the subject of diesel EGR delete kits?  At least most of those are fairly easy to spot.
I see no reason to discourage you from sharing anything you feel inclined to share.  Your posts so far have been competent, informative and entertaining ... you're riding a wave of good karma!

barrym95838
EO144107

P.S.  FiendFX, you did good with the renaming thing.  Thanks.
123456