Diesel Related Questions

Re: Aneroid Compensator

FiendFX
Just the Facts,

This forum most definitely appreciate your depth of information.

You stated the European that are FED certified will only have Aneriod Compensator. There are VW Jetta and Passat TDI that are CA have Aneroid Compensator. They are electric time, square-ish and round near the firewall.

Also, if it has Aneroid Compensator, what would the acronym be on the ECS label?

THanks

Re: Aneroid Compensator

Re: Aneroid Compensator

FiendFX
Awesome D. :)

Re: Aneroid Compensator

D,

Second link doesn't work.

Re: Aneroid Compensator

fixed

Re: Aneroid Compensator

Re: Aneroid Compensator

Works for me, it is from Russia though, try searching for that link

Re: Aneroid Compensator

STAR Q & A
Question #53

http://smogcheck.ca.gov/80_BARResources/05_Legislative/RegulatoryActions/BAR-OIS%20QA1.html#Question1­

Diesel-powered vehicles model-years 2007 and newer with any incomplete monitors, excluding any exhaust after treatment related (e.g., particulate filter, NOx adsorber, etc.) monitors.

What do they mean by that in bold?

Re: Aneroid Compensator

If those systems have incomplete monitors the OIS will ignore and pass that section. It's like 96-98 Volvos on the BAR97, aint right from the factory so they let it go.

Re: Aneroid Compensator

2012 Passat 2.0L

Is this an Aneroid Compensator?

Re: Aneroid Compensator

Midnightdrummer
I really hope our books get updated with these components and information about them, because I'll be honest, i'm freakin clueless on these diesels

Re: Aneroid Compensator

smogido
 That is Charge Pressure Actuator Position Sensor G581

Re: Aneroid Compensator

FiendFX
where is the aneroid then?

Re: Aneroid Compensator

FiendFX
So after reading this:

http://www.natef.org/NATEF/media/NATEFMedia/VW%20Files/2-0-TDI-SSP.pdf

I don't think that the VW 2.0L has an aneroid compensator.

Re: Aneroid Compensator

smogido
does not have one.

Re: Aneroid Compensator

FiendFX
smogydo,

which vehicles have them? please share.

Re: Aneroid Compensator

smogido
so far can not find on the vehicles that i have done. if i get one ill post it.

Re: Aneroid Compensator

FiendFX
what about the dodge trucks?

do you know what is the aneroid compensator acronym is on the ECS?

Re: Aneroid Compensator

smogido
I could not find any acronym on ECS , and i do not think there is one for it. I have asked many mechanics about this and they are puzzled. our best bet is call each car manufacturer and ask one of their service guys what vehicles come with aneroid compensator....

Re: Aneroid Compensator

FiendFX
thanks smogydo.

just the facts posted that 98 dodge truck diesel has one in previous post. i guess that's the only one i'm aware of currently that has factory aneriod comp.
123456