Display Messages

Johnnybeme
Is there a way to have the most recent post first in the display?

Re: Display Messages

none
I think if the MOD can take the currently pinned messages and put them under the "previously pinned messages" tab it would clear some clutter. A few could be Unpinned if you ask me.

Re: Display Messages

Without Barry around the sites getting a little bit cluttered

On Mon, May 18, 2020, 10:08 AM Johnnybeme [via Stop The Star Program] <[hidden email]> wrote:
Is there a way to have the most recent post first in the display?

http://stop-the-star-program.3084.x6.nabble.com/Display-Messages-tp5080814.html

Re: Display Messages

Best Answer I Can Give
 Give the man some time.

Re: Display Messages

Should be a matter of flipping a switch. Display post in the order of newest first. Whala!

Re: Display Messages

none
Johnnybeme wrote
Should be a matter of flipping a switch. Display post in the order of newest first. Whala!

JM
For me it does show up that way, newest on top, just below tho ones that are "pinned" to the top.

Re: Display Messages

I unpinned 4 threads and listed them on the "previously pinned" thread.  Sorry for the slow response.  Let me know if there's more that anyone feels should be unpinned pinned, or repinned.  Threads are displayed in the order of when they were they were last posted to. (with the exception of pinned threads)

you can change the way things are displayed by selecting from the "classic"  "threaded" and "list" options, but there's nothing that can be done to change the order other than cutting back pinned topics.

Kevin, I can move or delete threads and/or messages to cut down on  "clutter" but that's something I don't want to make a practice of outside of spammers, bots, etc. Still, I'll consider any suggestions to that end if reasonable, so let me know.

 Thanks for your input, comments,  and support everybody, I really do appreciate it!
If it ain't broke, break it.

Re: Display Messages

The topics are in that newest first order but the post within the topic have several pages sometimes and the newest are several clicks deep if it is an old topic or a topic with a lot of interest.

Re: Display Messages

none
For me if I click on the topic title on the left side like "display images" for this thread it starts with the first one but if I click on the right at "2:24pm" it displays the last post which right now is yours. Is this how it shows for you also?

Re: Display Messages

t does for me, and that is a very cool method to get to the latest post, especially on pages deep threads.  I never noticed that feature.  It actually shows the latest several posts. Thanks! None! I hope that helps you too.  JohnnyB

Unfortunately there is no way that I can see to change the display to list posts from newest to oldest within threads, I looked at all the settings. Sorry J. I didn't realize that's what you were asking for in the first place!  That would be cool, although it might confuse the flow of people responding to each other as the thread progresses.

On the other hand, there has been at least a few cases where that loss of flow would be an improvement!
If it ain't broke, break it.