Dodge wrong in the book?

TheSmogDog
Today I did a 2007 Dodge Grand Caravan 3.3L which had an egr. Often times I just double check myself in the book after inspecting a vehicle to pass the time if the inspection hasnt been long enough. The book showed no EGR but, the car definitely had an egr and the sticker verified it. I thought, eh its just a misprint or something. Then a few hours later a 2008 dodge avenger came in. Had an air pump, plain as day, and the sticker said it too. Again checked the book and it says no air pump. Is Dodge not represented accurately in the book? or just a few misprints? First time Ive noticed this.

Re: Dodge wrong in the book?

SmogAce
More Dodge Issues?? Jeez. I have ran into this on dodge and Ford. The F150 with the 5.4 liter triton motor, book states it has an egr. It does not. Chevy Blazer, GMC Envoy... sticker actually shows the Vehicle having an EGR, it does not. Keep your eyes peeled Smog Frog! You're a good young tech!

Re: Dodge wrong in the book?

TheSmogDog
Just makes me wonder what some of us are missing or passing (instead of N/A) just because they see something in the book or on the label

Re: Dodge wrong in the book?

SmogAce wrote
More Dodge Issues?? Jeez. I have ran into this on dodge and Ford. The F150 with the 5.4 liter triton motor, book states it has an egr. It does not. Chevy Blazer, GMC Envoy... sticker actually shows the Vehicle having an EGR, it does not. Keep your eyes peeled Smog Frog! You're a good young tech!
Dont chevys have the egr internally which would be N/A for visual?

EDIT i have a 2002 chevy trailblazer in front of me right now. Label states it has an EGR. Book states "equipped with continuously varaible cam phaser(CVCP) & no external egr valve is visible" Hooked up my scanner and there is no egr monitor.

I could be wrong, but i remember these having an egr monitor

Re: Dodge wrong in the book?

TheSmogDog wrote
Just makes me wonder what some of us are missing or passing (instead of N/A) just because they see something in the book or on the label
I once had a dodge come in with no egr and no egr monitor, but book and all data stated that it had it. No under the hood label. Told the customer to come back with label and i would pass if it stated no egr.

Re: Dodge wrong in the book?

On some of the Chevy Trailblazer 4.2L will state EGR on the hood label. You are to enter N/A for EGR on those.

Some Dodge Caravan that are equipped with EGR, were to be removed and you are suppose to enter N/A for EGR.

This was all in the book 3 years ago. Not sure about the books now.

Re: Dodge wrong in the book?

TheSmogDog
Weird! I’ve also noticed Hyundai’s have an egr monitor but no egr.. internal perhaps?

Re: Dodge wrong in the book?

FiendFX
Yes. You are not required to check for EGR valve if the label does not state so. Internal EGR is NA for EGR.

Re: Dodge wrong in the book?

TheSmogDog wrote
Weird! I’ve also noticed Hyundai’s have an egr monitor but no egr.. internal perhaps?
Variable valve timing is also reported as EGR monitor.

Re: Dodge wrong in the book?

check against multiple books if you can

On Fri, Jan 15, 2021 at 5:08 PM TheSmogDog [via Stop The Star Program] <[hidden email]> wrote:
Today I did a 2007 Dodge Grand Caravan 3.3L which had an egr. Often times I just double check myself in the book after inspecting a vehicle to pass the time if the inspection hasnt been long enough. The book showed no EGR but, the car definitely had an egr and the sticker verified it. I thought, eh its just a misprint or something. Then a few hours later a 2008 dodge avenger came in. Had an air pump, plain as day, and the sticker said it too. Again checked the book and it says no air pump. Is Dodge not represented accurately in the book? or just a few misprints? First time Ive noticed this.

http://stop-the-star-program.3084.x6.nabble.com/Dodge-wrong-in-the-book-tp5082958.html

Kevin Casillas