Does a 2014 car have to be smogged if it becomes salvaged and then is changed owner ?

Does a 2014 car have to be smogged if it becomes salvaged and then is changed owner ?

Tanktank07

Re: Does a 2014 car have to be smogged if it becomes salvaged and then is changed owner ?

kfworry
Ask California DMV that question.
Why ask that question on this Forum??

Re: Does a 2014 car have to be smogged if it becomes salvaged and then is changed owner ?

garyboy
yes

Re: Does a 2014 car have to be smogged if it becomes salvaged and then is changed owner ?

Peter
No smog is required if already registered in California.(Less then 4 years old  applies) Only brake lamp inspection and vin verification required.

Re: Does a 2014 car have to be smogged if it becomes salvaged and then is changed owner ?

smwalker
But it would be needed for the change in ownership yes?

Re: Does a 2014 car have to be smogged if it becomes salvaged and then is changed owner ?

Peter
No, for change of ownership it has to be 4 years old. 2013 needs to be smogged not 2014.

Re: Does a 2014 car have to be smogged if it becomes salvaged and then is changed owner ?

none
Isn't a salvage considered INITIAL REGISTRATION? It is starting all over again so YES it needs a smog.

Re: Does a 2014 car have to be smogged if it becomes salvaged and then is changed owner ?

Best Answer I Can Give
 None I have had lots of those come in looking for the Brake and Light. Only one needed the smog, and that's because it was due.

Re: Does a 2014 car have to be smogged if it becomes salvaged and then is changed owner ?

garyboy
It could be 2017 if its salvage it needs a smog, it also needs it if change of ownership, it also needs it every two years.

Re: Does a 2014 car have to be smogged if it becomes salvaged and then is changed owner ?

I reject anything with a CA plate that's that new.  No plate, game on.