Does a Tamper result affect FPR?

His_Stigness

Re: Does a Tamper result affect FPR?

No One
His_Stigness wrote
So my question is pretty straightforward: does a tamper result affect a technicians FPR?

I'm sure no one has the answer to this since the FPR score criteria is a closely guarded secret, so this is really more of a discussion.

I just tested a 2003 Silverado 1500 HD 6.0. I checked the cats and it had one aftermarket. I checked it and went to match everything up but it was the wrong one. It didn't match the test group.

But I tested this two years ago, so I freaked out worrying if I screwed up. I was able to pull the invoice out and get the actual VIR. Turns out, I didn't do it wrong. Two years ago it had a different aftermarket cat and it was valid for it.

What I can't figure out is why a valid cat would be replaced with the wrong one. It only has 20k miles on it since the last smog, so I doubt it wore out.

But anyways, I failed it since it was the wrong cat, but I wonder if it screws up my FPR. According to one PR tamper doesn't affect it because, I quote, "You can't control that." But by that logic, you can't control a customer coming in with the MIL on when it was fine two years ago.

So what do you guys think?
Yes. Its your fault for you not catching after the customer left your shop and removed it or what ever.

Yes. Its your fault for you not catching after the customer left your shop and removed it or what ever.
Agreed. Always follow the customer home.

Re: Does a Tamper result affect FPR?

smog frogposter
It's my fault the customer decided to go on Ebay and purchase a $50 "performance" gas saver tuner which is nothing but a 10 cent resistor spliced in series with the IAT I should have known better to educate the customer of online scams selling snake oil promising improved fuel economy with this "one simple trick".

Re: Does a Tamper result affect FPR?

No One
smog frogposter wrote
I should have known better to educate the customer.
If you have mins to spare, you should when possible