Don't Rlocate or work for non star

Karupt
  i have been working at non star for six months now , my fpr score took a dive from .83 to .57. Not only my score i know two other techs whose score took a humongous dive . ONe started working at a different location than the one he was at two years ago and so he is not testing same cars as before , his score plunged. the other hasnt worked in six months , score dove to under the .40 . Does anyone else see the injustice here ?

Re: Don't Rlocate or work for non star

kfworry
Once a tech is STAR, their score can drop to .10
A tech and station have to have an FPR of .40 or higher
to APPLY for STAR.
If an FPR drops below .40 that will NOT decertify the tech or station.
Should the FPR score drop to .09 then they can be decertified.

Re: Don't Rlocate or work for non star

Mike
what if the station's fpr drops to below .4 will they keep their star?

Re: Don't Rlocate or work for non star

Working at a specific station doesn't justify your score. It's you, the tech is responsible for your score.

Re: Don't Rlocate or work for non star

Joeinpb

Re: Don't Rlocate or work for non star

smog king 101
plain stupid is what is. no one has control of a vehicle once it leaves your shop. Consumers are more educated today on smog and how to clear the light and run monitors. if it passes emissions visual and minimum monitors , im certifying it. i give a rats ass what happens to that vehicle 2yrs later. they dont like it change it. That FPR is bullshit and everyone knows it. I am fucken amazed how thier getting away with shit.

Re: Don't Rlocate or work for non star

justa
Banned User

Re: Don't Rlocate or work for non star

sandman
     if you the tech only wants to have a good fpr,  I suggest you work in a shop where they smog mostly newer cars and not in south sf where the shop I know tests mostly auction cars from body shops and garages around his area.   I worked for this guy for 1 day and said goodbye the next.  I have never failed a car with so many modifications until I worked on that shop.  vw jetta, non legal headers, adjustable fuel regulator, high volume fuel rail, modified air intake, modified air injection.
     if you certify mostly POS cars, it will bite you in the next cycle.