Don't lie to the Shop that has Computer Invoices

Don't lie to the Shop that has Computer Invoices

Best Answer I Can Give
 Old SMELLY Lazy Days M\H.
Holding tank needs to be emptied. STINKS. Exhaust under vehicle. (We will not do those.) Misfires. Reeks of raw HC and RICH.

 Dude we don't do those. Well you did it two years ago. WRONG. Look on the computer, SIX years ago. Don't LIE to ME. Don't LIE to a shop that can look up the last time you were in the shop.

Re: Don't lie to the Shop that has Computer Invoices

2002
How much is it for that computer invoices. I still buy paper invoices, just curious.

Re: Don't lie to the Shop that has Computer Invoices

Best Answer I Can Give
 Go looking back thru here. You will find many post on Computer Invoicing. We use Winworks. Love it but it is WAY to much for a Test Only shop.
Paper is faster at first. In the LONG run Computer works better I feel.

Re: Don't lie to the Shop that has Computer Invoices

none
I wrote paper invoices for years and would enter it into the computer the next day. When I finally started doing them on the computer as an estimate it took a little getting used to but now it is way better.

Re: Don't lie to the Shop that has Computer Invoices

I wrote paper invoices for years and would enter it into the computer the next day. When I finally started doing them on the computer as an estimate it took a little getting used to but now it is way better.
Ive Been interested in doing this.

Re: Don't lie to the Shop that has Computer Invoices

What is the cost?

Re: Don't lie to the Shop that has Computer Invoices

His_Stigness
Check out Smog Advantage. It's made for test only sites and it has a lot of features which make it well worth it. I don't work for them, I'm just a customer.

It has VIN decoding, license plate decoding, driver's license barcode decoding. And each invoice/estimate has its own barcode so if the customer forgets their paperwork you've just made your own so you can scan the VIN and scan the "paperwork" on every car.

Re: Don't lie to the Shop that has Computer Invoices

none
His_Stigness wrote
Check out Smog Advantage. It's made for test only sites and it has a lot of features which make it well worth it....
Is it a subscription or do you own it and does it save the invoice history database on your computer?

I have Mitchell that I own but they don't sell updates anymore, only subscriptions. I prefer to own my system and my customer database. Right now anything newer than 2006 I have to type in the make/model which is OK but it doesn't work with driver's license scanners and the bar code scanner puts in everything when I scan it for the vin.

Re: Don't lie to the Shop that has Computer Invoices

His_Stigness wrote
Check out Smog Advantage. It's made for test only sites and it has a lot of features which make it well worth it. I don't work for them, I'm just a customer.

It has VIN decoding, license plate decoding, driver's license barcode decoding. And each invoice/estimate has its own barcode so if the customer forgets their paperwork you've just made your own so you can scan the VIN and scan the "paperwork" on every car.
Do these programs make it easier to tally up totals for tax season?

Another question for everyone here. Have any of you guys incorporated?