Donations & Funds

stopthestarprogram
Administrator
Good Morning Ladies and Gentlemen of the Forum,

We have been receive an amazing amount of telephone calls and email within regards to accepting donations and funds for this fight.  We are pleased to see the Smog Community trying to help in this time of need.  Although these funds would be helpful we are at the moment not taking any fund or donations to fund our fight.  We hope that everyone continues to promote the cuase and continues to operate safley!  Everyone have an amazing holidays!!

Re: Donations & Funds

star... wtf????
every single shop and technician is getting affected by this sooner or later    we're here for support all the way until BAR stop their madness and leave small businesses alone   am just really happy that all smog community are united against this shit program

Re: Donations & Funds

Joeinpb

Re: Donations & Funds

Banned
Sorry to disagree here. The last thing on earth we want the law team to think is that we will take
these "rich guys" for granted. I totally plan on "throwing them a bone" at some point, win or lose.
They don't owe us anything, and whether they are rich or not, is beside the point. When a penniless
migrant worker comes in for a smog, I never get an attitude of rich, or middle class versus poor guy.
Where I do get this is from the much better off, well to do types. They sometimes think I owe them,
and if they don't pass, I'm the one getting in their way.

If, for one reason or another, you can't, or won't contribute to the law team effort, DO NOT use the
excuse that it's rich guys versus poor, or middle class. At least be honest in your dissent, by admitting
that your a tightwad, or you have an addictive habit, or paying child support, etc..

Re: Donations & Funds

Joeinpb

Re: Donations & Funds

Banned
The real person to be thankful to, and who I would urge everyone
to send a thank you to is Hermanos Test only and the owner Maria.

Very good point. I had temporarily forgotten about them. Yes, give them reindeer puppies or
something. These guys would have had NO chance to be heroes, without the law team though.
The guys who created this forum also would have had no support/justification, without them as
well. The law team is the single most important part of this "resistance."

Re: Donations & Funds

Joeinpb

Re: Donations & Funds

007
Supposedly there are other law suits in the works besides the class action. However, after an exhaustive search of the law suits filed in the state over the last 2 months, I find no other such suits that have been filed against the state or the BAR on this issue, so you may be right that this law firm is the most important thing we have going. If anyone has something other then hearsay about other suits that have been filed please post them so we can track them and I would be willing to support finiancial someone who is spending hard earned money out of there pocket privately before finiancial supporting a class action.

Re: Donations & Funds

Mark
I took a update class last weekend and as I
understand people can't sue for loss of income
till STAR starts and they loose income.

Anyway that's what the little birds told me.

Re: Donations & Funds

Banned
The courts use the "reasonable person litmus test" in many cases. I didn't get hired because of
the FPR. Without going into details we all know anyway, would a reasonable person conclude that
the BAR did something that prevented me from getting hired? That is how the question would be
asked. Has the BAR done anything that has caused you to lose money, through the coming debacle?
We all know they have.

Re: Donations & Funds

Mark
It was shops there were talking about.