Dynamic OBD test

Re: Dynamic OBD test

Best Answer I Can Give
 None don't you just love the people who tell you your job? Oh that CAT has nothing to do with smog.

Re: Dynamic OBD test

 Haven't had one yet after testing a bunch of cars.

Re: Dynamic OBD test

ThePharmacist-2

Re: Dynamic OBD test

"The Check Engine Light has nothing to do with the smog check inspection, just smog it."

Re: Dynamic OBD test

i think we meant "static" test , throttle it to 2500 rpms on some cars , i believe they said with the DAD still attached ,not sure how it will catch the pluggers ?

Re: Dynamic OBD test

Re: Dynamic OBD test

Karupt wrote
i think we meant "static" test , throttle it to 2500 rpms on some cars , i believe they said with the DAD still attached ,not sure how it will catch the pluggers ?

They will pull pids like O2 sensor.   When you raise the RPM, the O2 frequency should change too.  MAF, TPS, Calc Load, STFT and more should change.    I think it will be a bit challenging to the emulator programmers, especially if BAR asks for different RPM values or snap throttle.

I would imagine, they're not having everyone do this due to the amount of data required to be transmitted in real time.

Then again, perhaps they're saving the data locally in a comma delimited text file, and uploading that for analysis.  Again, just a SWAG on my part.

Re: Dynamic OBD test

dmlusmc
Maybe this new test will catch cars with ECUs remapped for performance since we cant see by looking at them. If thats what the state is trying to do then more cars will fail for reflashed ECUs with advanced timing etc.

Re: Dynamic OBD test

Re: Dynamic OBD test

Re: Dynamic OBD test

Karupt
Great ! i was just thinking we are going to have to put another monitor screen  on the wall for the OIS "dynamic" test , Unless it has an alarm sound at the end of the rpm period , but then how could we hear it if we are revving the engine to 2500?

Re: Dynamic OBD test

I just ran a 01 Ford F250 diesel and thought it would likely get that test but didn't either. I'm hoping to get a WRX in to see if that will.
I got lucky and guessed right on the WRXs. On the two dynamic OBD tests I'm two for two on Subaru WRX. No other ones yet.

Re: Dynamic OBD test

Johnnybeme
None

Was it a directed vehicle?

Re: Dynamic OBD test

none
No, I don't think they were. I'm not in an enhanced area.

Re: Dynamic OBD test

The OIS VIR no longer offers an "inspection reason", so you would have to catch it on the screen near the beginning to know if it was directed or not.  Can anyone speculate why the reason was removed?

Re: Dynamic OBD test

I haven't done any dynamic tests as of yet..

Re: Dynamic OBD test

 My Guess and HOPE is the BAR WOKE UP.

 All this info must go in "Cloud" Storage. Storage cost MONEY. Less info on the VIR less cost of STORAGE.

Re: Dynamic OBD test

My Name is Nobody
barrym95838 wrote
The OIS VIR no longer offers an "inspection reason", so you would have to catch it on the screen near the beginning to know if it was directed or not.  Can anyone speculate why the reason was removed?

I know one of the reason for "Transfer/change of ownership and biannual" was removed, but don't know why "HEP" was also removed.

Back in the mid 90's.  Transfer/change of ownership smog check good for 60 days and biannual smog check good for 90 days.  About 10 year ago, transfer/change of ownership smog check changed to 90 days.

Now the BAR just got around to remove it because it's irrelevant.

Re: Dynamic OBD test

none
My Name is Nobody wrote
Back in the mid 90's.  Transfer/change of ownership smog check good for 60 days and biannual smog check good for 90 days.  About 10 year ago, transfer/change of ownership smog check changed to 90 days.

Now the BAR just got around to remove it because it's irrelevant.
I didn't know that. I thought they were both good for 60 days until it was changed to 90. OOPS.

Re: Dynamic OBD test