Dynamic OBD test

Re: Dynamic OBD test

Karupt
barrym95838 wrote
The OIS VIR no longer offers an "inspection reason", so you would have to catch it on the screen near the beginning to know if it was directed or not.  Can anyone speculate why the reason was removed?

    The reason is : To make it harder for the tech , they hate us and think we are all a bunch of cleanpiping dirtbags .

Re: Dynamic OBD test

I still thought it was 60 days for change of ownership.. Good to know.

Re: Dynamic OBD test

Best Answer I Can Give
 Please People, A Cert is good for 90 days not 3 months 90 days.
If the vehicle gets sold 900 times in that 90 days, the Cert is still good.
The cert is not now a one time use thing. It was.

Re: Dynamic OBD test

I got lucky and guessed right on the WRXs. On the two dynamic OBD tests I'm two for two on Subaru WRX. No other ones yet.
Just to pull someone's chain, do the dynamic test on the dyno in gear.   You might have to play with the gear shift to keep in the rpm range.   That's assuming they're collecting vehicle speed data while doing the dynamic test.

Re: Dynamic OBD test

Re: Dynamic OBD test

none
D wrote
I think the WRX owners will have a heart attack if we try that.
I think I would have a heart attack. WRX is all wheel drive.

Re: Dynamic OBD test

Re: Dynamic OBD test

I think I would have a heart attack. WRX is all wheel drive.
Put it on the dyno anyway, and jack up an axle.

Re: Dynamic OBD test

Re: Dynamic OBD test

ninjastar808
none for me yet, either.

Re: Dynamic OBD test

My Name is Nobody
scanner wrote
none wrote
I think I would have a heart attack. WRX is all wheel drive.
Put it on the dyno anyway, and jack up an axle.
Just do it the easy way

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kPr_SFb7z68

Re: Dynamic OBD test

well D, how did it go ? with the WRX and the rpms? Tell us how you managed to hold the rpms steady please .

Re: Dynamic OBD test

My Name is Nobody wrote
scanner wrote
none wrote
I think I would have a heart attack. WRX is all wheel drive.
Put it on the dyno anyway, and jack up an axle.
Just do it the easy way

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kPr_SFb7z68
I hate to admit this but I own a 2016 Subaru Crosstrek and I did NOT know you could do this or had to in order to run the spare tire.

Edited out my stupid grammar mistake.

Re: Dynamic OBD test

Re: Dynamic OBD test

Best Answer I Can Give
 D, you are killing me.
Ford's, Yes it takes two people. Rev it up to @1800. Have someone pull the plug to the IAC. No it will not set a light.
Now rev to the number. On the way back down have the person plug back in the IAC.

Re: Dynamic OBD test

defective
I stopped using the pedal on those and just brought the RPM up directly at the throttle body.  Thankfully they're all OIS now.

Re: Dynamic OBD test

My Name is Nobody
My Name is Nobody wrote
scanner wrote
none wrote
I think I would have a heart attack. WRX is all wheel drive.
Put it on the dyno anyway, and jack up an axle.
Just do it the easy way

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kPr_SFb7z68
I hate to admit this but I own a 2016 Subaru Crosstrek and I did NOT no you could do this or had to in order to run the spare tire.
None,

MOST AWD vehicles, the AWD system can be disabled and I only know how to disable a few.  This is manufacturers "top secret".  Sorry these procedures can't be leaked.

Re: Dynamic OBD test

cosmokramertheassman
Still haven't done a dynamic test to date.

Re: Dynamic OBD test

Kriss Vector

Re: Dynamic OBD test

My Name is Nobody
Roadside Smog Tech wrote
I've done several impreza's latley and no dynamic test yet. I guess they're only targeting the STI's. Anyone done dynamic test on EVO's ?
Just did an Evo and no Dynamic test

Mitsubishi_Evo.pdf
12345