Dynamic OBD test

Re: Dynamic OBD test

I got lucky and guessed right on the WRXs. On the two dynamic OBD tests I'm two for two on Subaru WRX. No other ones yet.
We did a 2006 WRX yesterday and it did NOT get a dynamic test. I have no rhyme or reason to this except that my employee did this one. Maybe BAR is watching me

Re: Dynamic OBD test

Re: Dynamic OBD test

none
That is possible but I'm not in a "directed area". The chances that 2/3 of the WRXs I see being directed vehicles is slim.

Re: Dynamic OBD test

3 wrx's since the start of this thing including a 2006 yesterday, but no love.  I wonder if any of the tuners know about the Chryslers and such that skate on monitors?
The only thing about wearing a mask that bothers me is that the girls are a lot friendlier.

Re: Dynamic OBD test

Centralized Smog
For those who had to do this test, is there a separate line on the Vir for the dynamic test? Is this an actual test as in if the data it pulls is fishy, it will fail?

Re: Dynamic OBD test

Best Answer I Can Give
Fishy? How can they tell? How can you tell? There is room for argument.

 The vehicle fails because "DATA IS INCORRECT" Prove it.
Now you the person who owns the shop has to put up with the vehicle owner telling you it was never modified.
So you send him to the Ref. In the mean time that person changes out the Chip. It will now pass at the Ref.
WHO LOOKS LIKE THE IDIOT? Who is giving the Money back?

 One more can of worms. Another well thought out deal.

Re: Dynamic OBD test

Re: Dynamic OBD test

Centralized Smog wrote
For those who had to do this test, is there a separate line on the Vir for the dynamic test? Is this an actual test as in if the data it pulls is fishy, it will fail?
There is nothing different on the VIR. I would guess it is grouped into the OBD portion.

I don't know at all but my guess is that they are not trying to catch the car but rather shops that are using an OBDII simulator.

The reason I first put down that I thought it would be diesels and Subaru WRXs is because these are the ones I see that are extensively modified but are always passing somewhere.

Re: Dynamic OBD test

Centralized Smog
I just reread the et blast. This is just for data collecting. It is not a 'test' and there is no pass or fail that us techs will see.

Re: Dynamic OBD test

We had another dynamic test yesterday and it was another Subaru WRX. This one was a 2002.

I know they aren't just checking me now because my employee got this one.

Re: Dynamic OBD test

FiendFX
still no dynamic test

Re: Dynamic OBD test

Johnnybeme
No dynamic here. But heh WRX's are usually modified and I do not touch them cause there is a good vehicle right behind them in line. I test only the no-brainer well maintained good customer cars. POS go to my favorite low-baller. Hard to inspect get on the lift and EO's for good customers are verified by my own records. (I make notations in their history of cats and add-ons) It is nice to not rely on smog to feed my family, it gives you a little power in a powerless situation. Charge more and be professional!

Re: Dynamic OBD test

none
I think 2000 and newer Subarus ARE easy. None of these were a POS at all.

Re: Dynamic OBD test

none
Another 02 Subaru WRX and another dynamic test. definitely NOT a directed car and no history of fails, Tamper or otherwise.

Re: Dynamic OBD test

Re: Dynamic OBD test

Re: Dynamic OBD test

KeepItReal

Re: Dynamic OBD test

You are on the ball Mr. Barry.
The smog check history using the VIN Does Not show your failed test from yesterday.
That is a BIG RED flag for an UC Run.
Thank you for posting.

Re: Dynamic OBD test

INLANDSMOG

Re: Dynamic OBD test

loptru
Finally ; I had a dynamic test on the 2002 Subaru WRX this morning and failed the POS for missing TWC and BAR snap test.
12345